Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2013, 09:43 AM

Default Re: Please please PLEASE Avid, let us buy the PT11 HD software without the hardware!

I think it's a good thing they sell PTHD together with HD Native or HDX systems. The AVID converters are great and though since PT9 every audio interface is possible, I personally find it a good thing that the high end version by avid is still considered as an integrated hardware / software systems.

On top of that, if you could upgrade from an ebay license to pt11 HD for around $3000,- if I understand a post of a mod. here right, why not finish it with a little extra money to a full blown integrated hardware/software system.

Just my humble opinion of course :)
Old 07-01-2013, 10:28 AM

Default Re: Please please PLEASE Avid, let us buy the PT11 HD software without the hardware!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
just make sure everyone knows when you are selling that it does not come with PTHD Software, but will work with all verisions of HD Software, at least post PTHD 7.
HDN requires at least v8.5 not sure about the Omni...
Old 07-01-2013, 11:03 AM

That is correct. 8.5 or later for HDN, and 8.1 or later for Protools to recognize the new HD interfaces, even on TDM systems.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:53 AM

I have spare PT 9/10 bundle including CPTK licenses for sale after the purchase of a PTHDN system.

You can PM me.