Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2006, 12:44 AM

Default So frustrated please help me

Hey everyone im a new pro tools user, was doing fine up until now. i got a new digi002 rack with bundle pack, mac g4 ibook. I installed the digi002 and factory bundle along with 6.7 le pro tools last night. said i needed to upgrade to 6.9.2, so i did that and loaded it up, everything was great. I was looking today on here and seen that they offer a free upgrade for the 7.0 so i went ahead and upgraded but once i did i didnt have the auth code to authorize it. At any rate i deleted the 7.0, then tried going back to the 6.9.2. it said i needed to reinstall the 6.7. so i did that then upgraded back to the 6.9.2. As soon as i do that, and when i successfully install it and try to launch pro tools, this is what i get :

"Application pro tools could not be launched because of a shared library error: 4 < pro tools ppc dbg > < Pro tools ppc dbg > < dae > < freefic>.

ive tried to delete everything and reinstall at least twice. i checked the repair permissions and no results yet. Im a new mac user (tiger 10.4.6 i think) and i really do not know what to do here. I appreciate ANY help here, as im lost at this point.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:09 PM

Default Re: So frustrated please help me

did you de-install PT manually? it seems some system files from PT 7 are still left on your system...

you could try to delete all PTLE program and system files again and then try a new install of PT 6.9.2. Maybe a deinstaller like appzapper could help (but I'm not sure about that?.

best thing would be to reinstall mac osx system from scratch and then install 6.9.2 again.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:47 PM

I wouldn't think you'd have to reinstall Tiger. That would suck bad, but maybe the best idea if you're completely stuck.

You need to click the apple icon in the top left, open "about this mac" then click the more info button. Then click on applications under the software catagory to see what versions of Pro Tools Le your computer is seeing.

Clean uninstall all versions of Pro tools completely. Use the installer disk only to remove Pro Tools and choose clean uninstall. Definately make sure you do clean uninstall of 6.7 and any Pro Tools version that is incompatible with Tiger. Probably running a clean uninstall of every version installed is the best idea. restart and then install Pro Tools 7.0 only.

then delete any digidesign Database folders in the root level of all drives. Then go to paceap.com and download section and update your Mac OS X extention files.

Follow the Mac optimization thread if you're still not up and running. But that should fix it.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:50 PM

hi thanks for the responses. last night i got to the point to where i just reinstalled mac however there's one problem. I originally had 10.4 but with installing the discs, it put it back to 10.3.9. is there any way i can go back to the 10.4 without putting in the 10.4 discs because i dont have discs for the 10.4.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:06 AM

click on the apple icon on the top left and click software update. It will scan your drive and update all neccesary components and applications. That will bring you up to 10.4.7
Old 08-28-2006, 09:33 AM
Avid

Quote:
hi thanks for the responses. last night i got to the point to where i just reinstalled mac however there's one problem. I originally had 10.4 but with installing the discs, it put it back to 10.3.9. is there any way i can go back to the 10.4 without putting in the 10.4 discs because i dont have discs for the 10.4.
No, you can't - you need the 10.4 install CD's to do that. The previous post is incorrect.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:23 AM

my bad digi...you are right. 10.3 is Panther and 10.4 is Tiger. Are you sure you had 10.4? If your restore disk are 10.3 it means you would have had to upgrade 10.4 which can only be purchased. You can't upgrade online via software update. You should have the disc somewhere.