Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 08-16-2006, 11:41 AM

Default Time Type Mismatch error... any thoughts?

I am currently running 7.2. Trying to open a session completed in June on 6.9.3. I can neither open the session directly, nor import the tracks from it into a new session.

The first error I get says:

Time Type Mismatch occurred in "/Volumes'Development/vbvd/AlturaPorts/PT4_App/MacBuild/../../NewFileLibs/Time/Time_Typed.h"

Hitting ok on that dialogue brings up the following error:

Could not complete your request because Assertion in "/Volumes'Development/vbvd/AlturaPorts/PT4_App/MacOS_Specific/../../Main/ProTools.cpp". line 1553.

From what I have read on the Digi Support site it appears this may be a midi related issue, and I do have a couple of midi tracks in the session. They are used as dividers in the session to seperate the audio tracks from the stem busses from the aux busses from the main faders. I just find it easier to have a blank fader between the groups on the C24.

The problem does not appear to exist on all pre-7.2 sessions. I have successfully opened 6.9.3 sessions that have not contained midi tracks. I will pursue additional sessions if nec. to figure out a pattern.

I have done the prerequisite cleaning, trashing prefs, rebuilding permissions, as rec'd on the DUC maintenance message.

Here are my details Dual Mac 2.0 G5, 2 Gigs Ram, Mojo, Expansion Chassis, HD3, FW card w/3xFW400 80 gig, UL3D with 3x36G SCSI, 2xNEC 20" Displays set at 1600x1200.

Someone updated my OS to 10.4.7 when I was out of the office, and though I haven't seen any problem from it, it could be a culprit as well.

Plugs possibly/probably in use in the problem session include EQ3/Comp3 , MHLabs Channelstrip, Waves Gold C4 and L1+, Reverb One.... not a crusher of a session. Lots of edits but not a crazy track count. I'd say 32 or less... I can't remember exactly. The session does have a lot of muted segments on timeline, as it is a reality show and I was given 4 to 8 mostly identical cues for each piece of audio in the OMF. And you guys know that as soon as you start blowing that stuff away, the producer is gonna wanna insist that there was a better/different mic used on a shot, and your word that they were all the same will never fly.

Additional software that may be interacting with PTools is Soundminer.

If anyone has any additional info, I'd be pleased for it.

Thanks!

Brad McIlvaine
Sr. Mixer/Designer
Henninger Media Services
Washington, DC 20036
Washington, DC 20036
Old 08-16-2006, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Time Type Mismatch error... any thoughts?

hi brad!!

and you tried importing things using session data import in bunches?
Undertone on Facebook
Undertone Custom Sound Libraries

"Groupable markers would be epochal!"
-Starcrash
Old 08-16-2006, 11:48 AM

Quote:
hi brad!!

and you tried importing things using session data import in bunches?
It won't do it in bunches either... Ironically I just opened an older session with midi tracks and no problem.

Thanks for the quick reply!

\
Washington, DC 20036
Old 08-16-2006, 12:19 PM

Also of note is that it is all 6 episodes of this series... all of which worked from the same custom template. I have also tried loading versions from my temp backup drive, as well as versions from the Long Term archive... same errors.

As well, I dragged/drop copied just the session files and opened them sessions July 12th in 6.9.3 to make edl text files of the music tracks so the client could work up the music cue sheets. They were all fine then. I can't believe that all 6 sessions have gone corrupt in 3 locations at once, right?

Thanks!
Washington, DC 20036
Old 08-16-2006, 02:00 PM

Additional note:

Just had a chance to fire the sessions up on a 7.1 rig down the hall and had similar errors, though the wording was different. I've also tried several hard drives to open from.

I need to revise these shows in a week or so and would love to NOT have to build a 6.9 rig to do it.

Thanks for any help!
Washington, DC 20036
Old 08-16-2006, 02:57 PM

I'm having the same problem. It happened today in 3 separate sessions, all of which were created before I upgraded to 7.2. My sessions had no Midi in them at all, just several audio tracks, auxes and a few Digi plug-ins. It seems like it might be related to drag and drop from the Finder - if I open the session and make a few region edits, I can save with no problems, but if I drag an audio file in from the desktop and then try to save, I get the error message stated above.

Also, on another note, I noticed that while zooming in on a region, at some zoom setting the region will disappear. If I zoom in further or zoom back out, it re-appears.

I'm on 10.4.6, PTools 7.2, HD3 Accel, on a G5 2.0ghz, 3 GB RAM, 2 internal 250GB SATA Drives, 2 external FW800 160GB drives.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:12 PM

Great. Digi is looking for session files that exhibit this behavior along with details about the session and how it was created.

If its not too much too ask, give Digi Tech Support a call and they will give you an email address to send the session to and take any additional information.

Thanks for the reply.
Washington, DC 20036
Old 08-17-2006, 05:00 AM

Bump... Anyone else seen this?
Washington, DC 20036
Old 08-17-2006, 08:40 AM

OK, I think I've got the problem narrowed down. I just opened a new session and tried many different audio file import scenarios. The problem seems to happen when you're importing an audio file associated with another program's file/creator type, ie. iTunes or Quicktime. When I "import audio" under the file menu, everything works - mp3's with the iTunes icon, WAVs with the Quicktime icon, etc. But when I drag those same files in from the Digibase browser or from the Finder, I get the error stated above. Only files that show Protools soundfile icon work when dragged in.

Also, once you've dragged one of those problem audio files into ProTools, you have to close and re-open the session to be able to save again. Undoing the import doesn't work, I guess because it leaves the offending audio files in the sessions audio files folder.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:14 AM

interesting...seems like it is related to the problem that RobMacki had and i had once. i imported something from an iTunes mp3 that someone gave me and i couldn't save the file. i had to make my edit, consolidate the file (wiriting a new one) and import that audio file into another PT session.
Undertone on Facebook
Undertone Custom Sound Libraries

"Groupable markers would be epochal!"
-Starcrash