Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 02-11-2004, 01:07 AM

Default looping in pro tools to seq songs, please help!!!!

hello,
i am just making the transition from acid on a pc to pro tools digi002 on a mac g5!
i usually use loops to construct songs and i was wondering what the easiest way to do this in pro tools....
any help would be much appreciated,
woody
rawbeatz@hotmail.com
Old 02-11-2004, 06:16 AM

Default Re: looping in pro tools to seq songs, please help!!!!

well PT is definitely not the easiest way to do this - though you having PT6 with reason and ST have tools PT5 users (like myself) don't.

this way is not for the faint of heart-

the link timeline selction w/ playback button is your friend. its on the top left of the screen (just under the modes i think)

set loop playback, select the length for playback, disengage the abovementioned button, use grabber to rearrange parts at will.

handmade loops - cool way to work, but definitely not the most efficient.

B.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:02 PM

Default Re: looping in pro tools to seq songs, please help!!!!

PT dosn't realy work the same way as ACID,,if you want to use that kind of work method on a mac then you should also check out ABLETON LIVE 3..you could work with your loops in LIVE then RE-WIRE LIVE and PT together and continue working in PT,,
Having said that,,I know of a couple of people who are doing fantastic work just using LIVE,,
But for the fact that i have run out of money,,i would be buying this app tomorrow,,