Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-10-2003, 03:13 AM

Default AM III \'Q\' Series board on Windows XP and PT 5.3.1??

Hi!
I just bought and Audiomedia III 'Q' series card on ebay. I would like to run it using PT 5.3.1 on Windows XP Professional. The card is still on its way but i would like to know what sort of problems i can expect from it because of its 'q' series make. I guess the ideal chip for it would be the 'QC' chip... If there would be any serious problems, can you plase suggest some fixes for it??

I have downloaded the XP Wave Driver for the AM III card and the ASIO driver also and i have ordered PT 5.3.1 upgrade too. I would like to prepare my self before the card arrives.

Thanks in advance for all the help!!!

Cheers,
K.Satish

System Config:
P 4 on 845 MB
256 Mb RAM
40 GB Seagate HD
SB Live Value for Soundfonts
Win XP Professional
Old 01-10-2003, 03:51 AM

Default Re: AM III \'Q\' Series board on Windows XP and PT 5.3.1??

kliks/pops on right side when using s/pdif

Brian Uller
Denmark
Old 01-10-2003, 09:49 PM
Avid

Hello,

If it is a Q rev card then you will mostlikely need to upgrade it.

To check the Audiomedia III card, locate the biggest black chip labelled AMCC. On this chip you will see the words, PCI Matchmaker. Below that will be a string of letters and numbers ending with either "Q", "QC", or "QE". If it ends with "Q" you need to send in the card to be upgraded. If you have a "Q" chip, you may contact technical support for upgrade information at (650) 731-6100. Cost with shipping is currently $85.

regards,
mike
Old 01-11-2003, 09:12 PM

That's exactly my point.. Why do i need an upgrade in the first place? What proplems am i likely to face by using the 'Q' chip??

K.Satish
Old 10-04-2003, 09:38 AM

Default Re: AM III \'Q\' Series board on Windows XP and PT 5

Hi,

i use my audiomedia iii and pt 5.3.1 under windows xp without problems. I do not use the spdif interface but only the analogue ins and outs, so i don't know if the digital interface would work fine. The only (big) problem is, that using d-verb is very cpu-killing. Dave C Tests:

No I ordered PT 6.1 - we'll see, if it works. Any Mobo/CPU hints for my Audiomedia III are welcome

System: Windows XP
PT-Version: 5.3.1
Mobo: Epox 8KTH2 (Via KT133 chipset)
CPU: AMD Duron 800/100
RAM: 668MB/100
Drives: 2x 7200 IDE

Dave C Old: 12
Dave C New: 3
Old 10-24-2003, 01:18 PM

Hi,

I just installed my Audiomedia III Rev. Q on my new Mainboard AsRock K7VT2 with Via KT266A Chipset.
First I had the noise on one analog channel . I tried to disable pci-burst, but the bios did not allow that. I got a new Bios from the german asrock support, but disabling pci-burst with that bios did not help.

Now I used WPCREDIT.EXE (and WPCRSET.EXE to load the changes at system start) to change some settings. The helping modification was disabling CPU to PCI Post-Write.

I can't tell, if this helps for SP/DIF, too - I do not use the digital output.

Tilo
Old 11-01-2003, 05:00 AM

Hi,

the german ASRock Support has send a new bios in which you can disable CPU to PCI burst.
So if you want to use your audiomedia III with the K7VT2 Mainboard you may ask for it (its Bios V. 1.382).

Tilo
Old 11-01-2003, 03:47 PM

Okay, I have installed the AMIII card(QE revision)and ProTools 5.3.1,launches fine and allows me to create new session,but then give error 6012(no card installed) and when I go to I/O setup it says I don't have a card installed..any ideas? At least I got further now than "DAE loaded"and then freezing,like it used to do till I assigned it it's own IRQ.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:11 AM

Did you uninstall the drivers and protools before you changed the irq? if not - give it a try:

1. uninstall wave and/or asio drivers.
2. uninstall protools.
3. change irq (i had to try different pci-slots on my mainboard).
4. when the am3 does not share any irq install protools.
5. install further drivers if needed.

Old 01-08-2004, 11:33 AM

Hi: I have my AMIII, running 6.1.1 in XP and 5.1.1 in 98 in the same computer with no problem!
http://felipousismix.wix.com/felipousismix

Custom Mac Pro OSX Sierra | Windows 10 Pro 64 | ProTools HD 2019 | Pyramix XI | Merging HAPI ADA8 | MBox 3 | UAD Quad PCIe | Avid Artist Mix | Kali LP-6 | Presonus Temblor 10 | Universal Audio, Slate Digital, McDSP, Fabfilter, Plugin Alliance among other plugins