Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 08-13-2006, 03:05 AM

Default Protools 7.2 warning !

Just installed 7.2 a few days back on my Protools HD3 rig with expansion chassis running on a Quad G5.

I am also a Mtools user (a database system for locating and delivering sound FX to protools ).

When importing files via Mtools into protools everything works great - untill a session is closed and reopened.
Doing so causes all files that was delivered by Mtools to become offline ! The files can be reconnected ( yes, it takes forever! ) and the session can be resaved. After protools have reconnected all the files it seems like protools now are aware of the files.

Digidesign, YOU KNOW that so many of your post production users are using Mtools for sound fx delivery... Why the Heck did you not test its functionality before releasing 7.2 ? It is obvious that the new file import functionality in 7.2 messes up the mtools delivered files, so that those files paths are not stored within the protools 7.2 session the first time.

Please put some attention to this problem - it is a everyday killer !

Thank for listening
Products/ SBSTV
Old 08-13-2006, 07:32 AM

Default Re: Protools 7.2 warning !

also if you have any pluggo software(pluggo runtime latest version)...i will not run on the same system as soundtoys plugins latest version..they will both run seperatly but not together in 7.2..have notified both and they should be working on a fix.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:17 AM

Not sure, I must have an older Pluggo runtime, but I have both Pluggo and SoundToys running fine together on 7.2. Just put a Pluggo plug and Echoboy on the same track to test.

I know I have the latest SoundToys, but my Pluggo must be older.

How can you tell which Pluggo runtime you have? Might be worth it to know, people could install the older one that I must be using, to get Pluggo back if they need it.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:15 PM

Why the Heck did you not test its functionality before releasing 7.2 ?

Seems like this is a job for the Mtools folks. I don't see how you can expect Digi to test new software with everything out there people may be using.

I'm sure Digi knows that Mtools is being used, but the list of software we all use in conjunction with Pro-Tools is long, and I just don't see it as Digi's job to check it all out.