Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2015, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Issue with video engine just started today. Help

I also tried installing all the codec packs along with my new re-installs. Yes, all my drives are OS journaled. Thanks for all your time and help, I appreciate it. Hopefully someone else can chime in as well.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:31 AM

Default Re: Issue with video engine just started today. Help

Try to create a new user with administrative privileges.
And open PT and activate video engine, to see if it work.

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro
Old 06-16-2015, 03:53 PM

Default Solved

Ended up working with a tech via remote session. We narrowed it down to the fact that one of our external drives was causing the issue. It had a "/" in the name. Removed that, and everything is back to normal.

While speaking with him, he mentioned that there were some issues with external drives that caused him to check ours. So if you experience something similar, try ejecting any external drives before launching pro tools.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:39 AM

Default Re: Solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesoundbros View Post
Ended up working with a tech via remote session. We narrowed it down to the fact that one of our external drives was causing the issue. It had a "/" in the name. Removed that, and everything is back to normal.

While speaking with him, he mentioned that there were some issues with external drives that caused him to check ours. So if you experience something similar, try ejecting any external drives before launching pro tools.
I've also been able to narrow down my video engine problems to issues with hard drives - specifically, shared drives that I've mounted from our company's intranet. If the connection hiccups or lays idle for a long time (e.g. overnight), then the PT video engine will fail and require a whole system restart to correct.

OSX 10.9.5
PT 11.2.1

-Dan.