Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-03-2008, 06:48 PM

Default Importing files exported from a 7.4.x session onto a sytem running 7.3.1

A colleague of mine has been experiencing a strange occurrence in the files imported.
The session looks normal and all the files play together fine however they seem to be off by exactly a 16th note from the grid.

Has anyone ever experienced this before?
The party sending the files is exporting them from his 7.4.x session and then my colleague is importing them into the session that was created on the 7.4 rig, but on a rig running 7.3.1.

Could be the person sending...a.k.a OE.
I figured I would check first though.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Importing files exported from a 7.4.x session onto a sytem running 7.3.1

Has your colleague consolidated the tracks all the way back to timeline zero and then sent them to you? I think you posted this before. I guess it didn't work or you didn't wish to try it. I had this happen to me on a very important project and the mastering engineer had some kind of bug in his session and since we were on a deadline, this was what we did, and it worked. Plus, the amount missing was less than a tenth of a second. You could only see it if you zoomed in all the way to the closest view.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:47 PM

Default Re: Importing files exported from a 7.4.x session onto a sytem running 7.3.1

I didn't post this before.
But it turns out that there was another party involved that was importing into another DAW.
I was merely an ear to hear this issue. I wasn't actually involved.

All is right in the world again.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariang View Post
I didn't post this before.
But it turns out that there was another party involved that was importing into another DAW.
I was merely an ear to hear this issue. I wasn't actually involved.

All is right in the world again.
Now I wish I would have told you this sooner but that's how our problem happened as well. The guy had consolidated hie data from a PC and different DAW. He had to go back and add the minute bit of space on sever but not all tracks. Matter of fact, in our situation, it was a bit worse as we had to open each session and see what files were just a bit off. Glad you got it fixed.