Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2002, 04:02 PM

Default No Noise Plugin

I see the announcement about the new Sonic "no noise" plugin but I can't find out anything about it--like how much is it? There's nothing on Digi's "Store," or in "third-party plugins" or anywhere that I could find. Am I just blind or is it too new? How much is it going to sell for and where can I buy it? Will it work on older PCI Pro Tools units?
Thanks!
Old 11-13-2002, 06:36 PM
Avid

Default Re: No Noise Plugin

Sonic NoNOISE is now available for $1,995. It will be shipping in only a few days! Your Pro Tools dealers have been provided with this information.
Avid
Skype edgray1000
Old 11-14-2002, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ed Gray: Sonic NoNOISE is now available for $1,995. It will be shipping in only a few days! Your Pro Tools dealers have been provided with this information.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ed, will there be a demo version of the program available, so those of us who have already paid two grand for competing products (like Waves Restoration) can try the thing out?

Inquiring minds gots to know! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

--Marc W.
Old 11-14-2002, 11:54 AM

Isn't there a big difference between Digidesign and Sonic Solutions in terms of fixed and Floating numbers? I had a Sonic Solutions DAW for short period until their focus changed and I dropped them and went back to Digidesign. Is this just another marketing ploy for Sonic Solutions to sell there software and Digi to get a percentage off the sale because No Noise is not the same when working in the Pro-Tools format compared to Sonic Solutions. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2002, 09:53 PM

The No Noise plug-ins were a direct port. The main difference is the Sonic Solutions system has some batch processing functions that the Digidesign system does not have. But the processing is a direct port.I've heard from one of our beta testers than does film optical resorations for major lable DVD releases that this plug-in is top of the line great sounding stuff.