How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 04-19-2010, 02:32 PM

Default SC48 Virtual soundcheck

The Avid sites SC48 page sites the following :

Seamless Pro Tools Integration
SC48 features a built-in Pro Tools LE FireWire interface, making it easy to connect a computer (sold separately) running Pro Tools LE software (included with SC48) to record and archive live performances or for audio playback. With VENUE and Pro Tools®, you can also perform Virtual Soundcheck — a timesaving process that lets you play tracks recorded from a previous live performance, and fine-tune your mix settings before an actual show or rehearsal without requiring the band or performers to be there.

http://www.avid.com/US/products/VENUE-SC48/features

I would say this information is flawed, AFAIK with the FW option, LE only acts as a tape recorder and playback engine. I dont think it is possible to do a input swap and automatic gain mapping to the headamps after tweaking PT LE playback.

Please correct me and i hope i am wrong. Someone around here wants to pick up the SC48, after having worked and seen this feature on the Profile somewhere in Europe, and then reading bout it being possible on the SC48...

Cheers!
Sidhu
Old 04-21-2010, 11:38 PM

Default Re: SC48 Virtual soundcheck

You're right about the information being flawed. I'm saddened that Digidesign is not taking steps to rectify this quickly.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:43 PM

Default Re: SC48 Virtual soundcheck

There is another error on the page, there where is the text part "don't let the small size fool you" there is a photo of live event and Venue console, but the console pictured is not SC48 but a D-Show main unit without a sidecar.