Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2009, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Identical Crash threads....

Well, too many crashes during crunch time. But that may not be the worst. The random gumming up of outputs(without greying out) when getting close to 192 voices had sealed the deal. I've now downgraded from 8 to 7.4.1. First time I have downgraded PT in all my years of being on the 'bleeding edge'.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifted Music View Post
I actually have an idea for a great new feature which would be a HUGE time saver, and a great marketing tool for digi.

An auto crash log reporter...

after a crash a script runs and automatically grabs the log, system config, plug in ver, and the session file and uploads directly to digi engineering..

I can see the brochure now...

"Why waste time collecting crash data as you beta test our "upgraded" software. With an average of 3 crashes a day this new feature will save you many hours over the course of a month. . no need to try and figure out how the hell to post the whole crash log on the DUC, no wasted time uploading zip files and sending links.

Hows that for a time saver!!!!!

This is the best idea I have heard......and the most logical and sensible one
Old 03-17-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFish View Post
Werner - you been "this crash" (FWAudioCallback) free since disabling DSP Caching?

Where do you disable DSP caching? I may as well have a try, got nothing to lose at the moment

Thanks
Old 03-17-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonty View Post
Where do you disable DSP caching? I may as well have a try, got nothing to lose at the moment

Thanks

In the "System Usage" Window

http://www.pelhamundhaas.de/index2.html
http://www.pelhamundhaas.de/vita.html
www.3-p.de
www.imglashaus.de
Old 03-17-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosestones View Post
Digi, Is there a light at the end of the tunnel with this one, or is it better to go back to 7.4.2 on tiger? It is proving to be a massive problem in my studio. We have 7 macs running tools, so on average we are having a crash about every hour.... Its a joke how unstable this software is! I would post all of the crash logs, but there are only so many hours in a day... and at this stage most of that time is being used up waiting for my macs to restart.

come on guys. lucky you don't make cars.....
I'm at that point now of going to downgrade to 7.4. I can't take on any work using PT8, this is very serious. There is a definite issue with fade files, and especially when remaking them in PT8. Ive proved this using 7.4LE and testing in PT8
Old 03-17-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Can anyone experiencing these crashes please let us know if turning off DSP Caching changes the frequency of the crashes or eliminates them entirely?

Ive turned off the DSP cache and it has done nothing to stop the crashes and bus 0x0 errors....still getting them as before
Old 03-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonty View Post
I'm at that point now of going to downgrade to 7.4. I can't take on any work using PT8, this is very serious. There is a definite issue with fade files, and especially when remaking them in PT8. Ive proved this using 7.4LE and testing in PT8
I've looked through all your posts, but didn't see where you've posted the details on your system or the crashes.

What do you mean by 'there is a definite issue with fade files' - what are you seeing, exactly?

And when do you get the bus errors? What about the crashes - when do they occur and what are you doing? Can you post your crash logs?

Having your complete system details, including a plug-in version list, would really help. If you can put all of it in one post, so that I don't have to go looking through several posts to gather it all, even better.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:50 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhmh View Post
Didn´t make any difference here.
Can I also get more info on your system configuration - as much detail as possible, as well as crash logs and a plug-in version list?
Old 03-17-2009, 04:07 PM

Hey Digi, since you're reading this post, can you give us an update, let us know what direction you're looking at when you say you have clues as to what could be causing the FWCallback crashes?

We're all anxiously awaiting some news, any news!
Old 03-17-2009, 04:15 PM
Avid

As mentioned before the FWCallback is a complete red herring. We have looked through many of these crash logs and there are several causes, many of them unrelated. So, while you're all posting in the same thread, it's very likely that only a few of you are experiencing the same crash cause.

This is why I'm asking for as much info as possible about what each of you are doing at the time of the crash, your complete system details (please, as complete and detailed as possible!) and your crash logs - this way we can correlate with the data we have to see if there's any pointers to possible causes. We have some leads and have them in testing, but there's a lot of data to sift through here and no solid repro cases for any of them.