Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2020, 04:24 PM

Default Does collaboration in Pro Tools work the same as in the PT First version?

I'm collaborating on a project (in PT First) with someone else and we're having numerous problems. The most urgent is that I just made structural changes to the song (added a number of bars), saved it and he never got a notification that there were updates. He tried deleting local cache and then eventually deleting the entire project and I had to re-invite him. When he accepted the song he downloaded still is missing the new bars and all other changes.

When I close and reopen (re-download) the song the new bars are there.

We often push changes (use the upload arrow) that the person can't see.

What's going on and how do we fix this?

I posted a similar post in the PT First forum and haven't gotten any responses. But now I'm expanding the question because I want to know if I upgrade to the full product will this problem persist or is the grass greener on the other side?
Old 10-08-2020, 09:47 AM

Default Re: Does collaboration in Pro Tools work the same as in the PT First version?

We found the issue. Despite me saving the project I didn't upload my changes which apparently isn't included in saving. Big surprise there! When I hit the Upload button he then saw the changes.