How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2015, 09:19 AM

Default Pro Tools 8 SE

Hi all,

A couple years ago I bought an MBOX with Pro Tools 8 SE off of Musicians Friend. I've used it on and off, and just booted it up again recently.

I tracked a few guitar riffs, and was surprised that there wasn't an "Add click track" option in the Track menu on this version.

Does anyone have any experience with the SE version, and do you have any idea how to do something as simple as add a click track?

Thanks.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:52 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8 SE

Make a new track, and insert click (either under "instrument" or "other" in your plugin list)
Old 11-14-2015, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8 SE

I use PT 8 MP and here’s how I do it. I don’t know how much of this translates to SE, but hopefully it will help. If not, just ignore.

First, I create an instrument track, insert xPand and in the first position select a sound group that contains the sound you want for a click. I use the “sidesticks menu”.

Then, from one of the file options in the file menu (Session?) there’s an option for Metronome. Because you have the instrument track created with xPand, it (xPand) is available for selection. Then select the note number. You can also audition the sound from this dialog.

That gives you a click track. However, I prefer to take it a step further. Using xPand (or you can use any drum instrument), I create a simple beat – just kik, snare and closed hi hat. I find having an actual drum beat much easier to follow than a simple click. It’s also a good starting point which to build a drum track, if that’s the method to be used.