Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2015, 03:38 PM

Default Problem that doesn't exist

I just read the read me on 11.3.2. This:

Plug-ins
Fixing an MIDI Engine allocation leak, which results Pro Tools to crash after a certain amount of playback time with certain 3rd party VI (PT-201209, PTSW-197366, PT-200286)

Oh, I forgot. There's no problem with VI's in Pro Tools 11.

Steve
Old 09-20-2015, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Problem that doesn't exist

I can't say this is entirely true. I use a lot of EWQL Play VIs in Pro Tools. I can't tell you how many times Pro Tools has crashed when using one of the Pianos instruments in EWQL Play. Seams to only happen with this instrument and plugin. Specifically when the instrument is actually being played while the session auto saves. I have no idea if this is a Pro Tools issue or a EWQL Play issue, but I do find myself particularly interested in this fix in Pro Tools. That being said, I am currently using Pro Tools 12.2 and it has also crashed when using a Pianos instrument in EWQL Play.
Old 09-20-2015, 04:47 AM

Default Re: Problem that doesn't exist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicRAM View Post
I can't say this is entirely true. I use a lot of EWQL Play VIs in Pro Tools. I can't tell you how many times Pro Tools has crashed when using one of the Pianos instruments in EWQL Play. Seams to only happen with this instrument and plugin. Specifically when the instrument is actually being played while the session auto saves. I have no idea if this is a Pro Tools issue or a EWQL Play issue, but I do find myself particularly interested in this fix in Pro Tools. That being said, I am currently using Pro Tools 12.2 and it has also crashed when using a Pianos instrument in EWQL Play.
Have the Play instrument load all into ram; IOW deselect stream from disc. From what I've seen Play libraries and certain instruments lean heavily on system throughput and when something else is trying to access that there can be issues.

And especially with Play libraries have the samples on a completely separate drive from what PT records to (and obviously separate from one's system drive).

QAPLA!