How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2012, 08:10 PM

Question PT10: Naming & Coloring Clips

I've used a lot of DAW software, but this is my first experience with ProTools (I'm talking 20 days and counting!)

I'm using PT10.0.1.58 on Win7 x64, AMD Athlon64 5200+, 8MG RAM and MOTU Audio Express interface. I'm having no problems but I'm finding PT rather frustrating to figure out (once I do figure things out, I find it very powerful). Anyway, I have the following two questions if anyone would like to help me out.

I created a track and recorded two clips, one for 'verse' and one for 'chorus'. In order to complete the arrangement, I copy/paste or duplicated those clips as needed. Problem is, when I try to rename them, I find I can't rename all of them independently, because when I rename one, it renames all the copies of it to the same name! Anyone know of a way around this?

Second, is there no way to change the color of individual clips? If there is, I haven't been able to find it yet. I would like, for example, verse clips to be a different color from chorus clips (on the same track).