Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 02-12-2009, 09:05 AM

Default Moving Catalogs from one machine to another

I need to move some old Catalogs created in Digibase in Pro Tools 6.4 TDM (an old mix system), to another machine running Pro Tools LE 8 & DV Toolkit 2. I have retrieved the original databases, which have the .ddb file extension, but I don't know where exactly to put them on the new computer in order for Pro Tools to acknowledge them, and for them to be visible and useable under Catalogs in the Workspace browser. Can anyone help? By the way, I'm working on a mac in case you hadn't guessed.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Moving Catalogs from one machine to another

Can anyone help with this? If it's not possible, then I need to know as I will need to re-create the Catalog (which references various discs of back up sessions) from scratch. Thanks
Old 02-17-2009, 03:45 PM

Maybe ask in the HD forum since that's where you're starting from. Just a suggestion since you're not getting any help here
Old 03-09-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Maunder View Post
I need to move some old Catalogs created in Digibase in Pro Tools 6.4 TDM (an old mix system), to another machine running Pro Tools LE 8 & DV Toolkit 2. I have retrieved the original databases, which have the .ddb file extension, but I don't know where exactly to put them on the new computer in order for Pro Tools to acknowledge them, and for them to be visible and useable under Catalogs in the Workspace browser. Can anyone help? By the way, I'm working on a mac in case you hadn't guessed.

Pro Tools Reference Guide, page 228:

"Sharing Catalogs (DigiBase Pro Only)
Catalogs can be created for a particular project and then shared among multiple systems to help facilitate more efficient workflow. DigiBase Pro Catalogs are stored as database files on your system drive.
On Windows, Catalog database files are stored in the ProgramFiles\Digidesign\ProTools\Databases\Catalog s folder.
On Mac, Catalog database files are stored in the Library/Application Support/ Digidesign/Databases/Catalogs folder."

How a 6.4 TDM catalog will behave on a LE 8 & DVT2 system is another question.
Keep us posted.

-matts
Old 08-09-2009, 11:48 PM

bump
Old 12-04-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Maunder View Post
Sorry for this mother of all necro bumps, but I'm looking for the same answer (in the current version of pro tools).
All my other preferences and presets sync automatically between both systems because that Pro Tools folder is residing in the documents folder (which is also in the iCloud), so all my preferences and plugin presets etc are automatically being saved and sync'd on both systems...not the calagof files unfortunately, or at least it seems like they aren't.
Has anyone found out where I can find them on my machine?

thanks for your help!

Lasse