Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2012, 03:27 PM
Avid

Default Re: Venue Software bugs

Thanks for the additional info!
Quote:
it seems that when i load my showfile which has different system settings (at least a different auxes structure) than the showfile which was running before, Than the console always reacts sluggish (mouse, faders, view paging)
The first time a screen is displayed (Inputs, Outputs, Filing, etc.) will always take the longest amount of time, because the page is loaded into memory. Subsequent visits to the page should load faster. This is normal - does this match what you see?
Quote:
And sometimes when loading my showfile, it randomly jumps into back-up mode for a few seconds and then it comes back online.
That sounds odd. Can you send us a few example show files? Send them to venue support(at)avid(dot)com and refer to this DUC post.
Quote:
I have channel 31 and 32 patched into a stereo channel, no audio coming into the console, no xlr attached to pre amp 31 and 32, no plugins assigned. just input 31 and 32.
I don't think there's anything to be concerned about here. The flashing indicates there's a difference in level between the L and R channels, which is not unexpected given that the inputs are unterminated and the console's just metering the self noise of the inputs.

Sheldon
Old 10-17-2012, 03:30 PM
Avid

Hey Brent, good to see you here.

The only case I've heard that's similar to this ended up being traced to a stuck multi-select button on the console (which can be used to override auto cancel and gang multiple solos). Keep an eye out for it, and see if the multi-select button (or corresponding SHIFT key on the keyboard) could be stuck.

Sheldon
Old 10-17-2012, 03:59 PM

Will do Sheldon, thanks. The only other advice I got was "don't mix so hard".
Old 10-18-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Quote:
it seems that when i load my showfile which has different system settings (at least a different auxes structure) than the showfile which was running before, Than the console always reacts sluggish (mouse, faders, view paging)
The first time a screen is displayed (Inputs, Outputs, Filing, etc.) will always take the longest amount of time, because the page is loaded into memory. Subsequent visits to the page should load faster. This is normal - does this match what you see?
Nope Not really, as you can see on the video, the metering react sluggish, even faders react sluggish, push multiple faders up, let go of the fader, faders jumps down.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/99954944/Ven...8-15-36-02.mp4

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/99954944/Ven...oup%20mode.mp4
Old 10-18-2012, 01:23 PM
Avid

Thanks, the videos are really helpful.

Could you possible email us a copy of a show file that exhibits this behavior? Send it to venuesupport(at)avid(dot)com and refer to this DUC post.

And if I read your original post correctly, the console resumes normal behavior after 15 seconds or so?

Sheldon
Old 10-18-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Could you possible email us a copy of a show file
No problem, it should be in your mailbox.

Quote:
the console resumes normal behavior after 15 seconds or so?
Yes 10 or 15 seconds or somethink like that. After that the console is perfectly normal.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:59 AM

Not a realy shocking, but i think it's worth to add this to the list

Tried to do some playback from PT into sc48. After changing the Input, between stage and FWx I noticed that gain on the console LCD display didn't change. After selecting a channel, it does give the corrected value.

The LED encoders do give the corrected value.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:32 AM

Heres one for you...
Already passed onto venue support, but would be interested if other users have had the issue.

Specific to the SC48.

When booting up into a cleared console state...
Change Aux/Group mode to 16 Auxes & 8 Vari Groups
On an input channel select vari groups to control vari group levels.
Double tap user button in channel control area.
Select a vari group.
Crash.
No control of surface.
Software is very sluggish, but there is control.

If you select an aux pot when assigning user page before vari group, console acts as normal.

Video...
http://www.bsounds.com/videos/SC48_v3_surface_crash.m4v
Old 11-18-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Heres one for you...
Already passed onto venue support, but would be interested if other users have had the issue.
Yes here the same. You can crash the console at any moment if you do what rlower described.

To be honest i think Avid should publish all the software bugs for there consoles. People have to know what they should not do. At this moment (at least) sc48 is not quite stable in my opinion. As much as I love the console and all the new features this should be addressed very quickly
Old 03-29-2013, 04:47 AM

so this topic is like 6 months old, can we expect a bug fix update yet? please!