Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 10-22-2010, 12:38 AM

Default IdeaScale not foolproof

I think IdeaScale is a good way to gather info on what's important and what's not, but I don't think it's a very fair way of determining what features to add.

Wouldn't the touring group have a louder voice than say, the church group? That would result in more focus given to "touring" features rather than say, user-friendly features.

That said all i'm hung up about is not being able to switch the channels back and forth between FWx and Stage inputs like the HDx. I'm starting to sound like broken record...
Old 10-23-2010, 04:52 PM

Default Re: About good Venue development ideas and how they can die in Ideascale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmillerjr View Post
Maybe this is what you were getting at, Brent...but I would like to see a "library" where you can archive Snapshots and always hold on to them When I use snapshots, I like to keep it clean...and not have EVERY single snapshot I have stored on the system hanging out in the Snapshot window.
Exactly! My current client performed their entire catalog over the course of the last week and I'm up to 106 snapshots. It takes forever to reorder them. And, after this week, there's a good 20-30 that probably won't get used again for ages, but I can't bring myself to delete them. Would be great to archive them.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:15 AM

Default Re: About good Venue development ideas and how they can die in Ideascale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon Radford View Post
Hi,

There were multiple similar ideas, which were all merged into a single thread: http://avid.venue.ideascale.com/a/dtd/17452-5162

When ideas are merged their individual votes are also combined, which often increases the idea's overall score.

Sheldon
Thanks for clearing that up, Sheldon.

Regards,
Alex.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:05 PM

Sheldon, would a library for snapshots be something that could be added?

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |
Old 02-04-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:

This is one of the great conundrums of product development, which all companies face. It's a balance between keeping the excitement and momentum building for a product, without inadvertently stalling sales (just think of what happened to iPhone 3GS sales when the iPhone4 was leaked a few months ahead of schedule...)
I suppose I don't see how this exactly correlates... If you teased us with what was coming in software, people would still buy the hardware. I understand if you showed the upcoming hardware, people might stop buying the old stuff. But if they bought the new stuff instead, I don't see the loss. And really, if you're introducing a new product, wouldn't you rather people have that than the old product? so losing a little bit of sale on the old stuff to gain a little bit on the new stuff seems almost how you'd prefer to have it?

Quote:

The best guidance is to look at our track records for past releases and form your own thoughts as to when a release might be available and what it might contain. The IdeaScale site actually helps with this a bit, as you're able to see many of the same feature requests we do, and how the public at large thinks they rank. This is important info that helps guide our decisions.

So mix up the tea leaves, dust off the crystal ball and stay tuned!

Sheldon
The problem with this, is there isn't a lot of history to go off of. There were more software releases in the past than there are now... And the newer ones seem to contain less new features, or a cool feature that wasn't really being clamored for...

Additionally I just perused through the ideascale site and saw that only one idea had been completed, none were in review, and the same ideas that have been up there since the beginning of ideascale were still there... So I'm not really sure how to anticipate what could be coming...

If I were to anticipate an update based on ideascale, then I'd be anticipating a train that never comes...

I like my Venue, but I've lost some hope for future enhancements...