Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2010, 10:34 AM

Default Re: Tablet PC or iPAD

Ok, thanks. For some reason I thought that in order to use one of the VNC programs available for an ipad, I had to have an internet connection to remote control a computer. Thanks for the info!!
Old 09-13-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limelight View Post
Right, but as I understand it, I have to first have my laptop connected to the VENUE wirelessly, then how am I able to remote control my laptop, that is talking with my VENUE software, with my Ipad without internet? Does this make since? I want to leave my laptop at FOH connected to the VENUE, and walk around remote controlling my laptop with my ipad, without internet? Can I do this?
You don't need to control you computer with the ipad, you can control directly the console.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:03 PM

Sorry guys, now I'm even more confused, HA! Thanks for your patience. So from the previous reply, are you saying that I can directly control the console from my laptop or from my ipad? I know that I can connect via wired or wireless to the console with my laptop, but I am wanting to leave the laptop at FOH so I can continue to multitrack the show, and mix while walking around with my ipad. I think the more precise question is this, can I remote control my laptop that is connected to my console, wirelessly with my ipad, without internet? Again, sorry I am so confused by this, but thanks ahead of time for helping me work it out!!
Old 09-14-2010, 01:44 PM

It's not as tricky as your thinking it is...

With your laptop, you use a VNC client to connect to the console. You use the IP address and password of your console to achieve this.

You can do this exact same thing with your iPad. No computer necessary.

You can leave your computer at the console, to track with. Then you can take your iPad and connect it to your console in the same fashion as you do your computer... With a VNC client. Then from your iPad you log in with the IP and password of your console... If your connecting with your computer just fine, then this should be painless. Connect your iPad in the same way.

The networking in place will stay the same. An internet connection isn't necessary... But like someone said earlier, don't confuse 'network' and 'internet'...

Does that help?
Old 09-14-2010, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limelight View Post
can I remote control my laptop that is connected to my console, wirelessly with my ipad, without internet? Again, sorry I am so confused by this, but thanks ahead of time for helping me work it out!!
If you have connected your console and laptop to the same wireless router (because as far as I know, it's difficult or even impossible to be on 2 different wireless networks with any machine, including iPad; the router doesn't need to be connected to internet) you should be able to control both the console and the laptop(if you want to change a song from itunes, protools or do whatever) on different windows' on VNC-program.

I'm not 101% sure about this, so please correct if I'm totally lost=)
Old 09-15-2010, 08:38 AM

Cool Re: Tablet PC or iPAD

Hi Guys,
I'm hoping you can help me. I have a SC48 and a Ipad with Iteleport.
I can connect the Ipad to the console. I can't control anything. When I zoom in on the screen no adjustments can be made. I figured out that I need two contact points to keep the screen from moving around in zoom mode. I have watched a couple of videos of my setup. It seems to work fine. What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks
Old 11-15-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paguru View Post
Hi Guys,
I'm hoping you can help me. I have a SC48 and a Ipad with Iteleport.
I can connect the Ipad to the console. I can't control anything. When I zoom in on the screen no adjustments can be made. I figured out that I need two contact points to keep the screen from moving around in zoom mode. I have watched a couple of videos of my setup. It seems to work fine. What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks
Hey Paguru!

Had the same problem for a bit. Found out that you have to double tap the screen on the fader or knob you want to edit, hold your finger down on the ipad, and then move it. That's the only way the ipad knows you are editing something on the SC48 and not just wanting to move the screen around. Good luck!!

Chris
Old 11-19-2010, 06:23 PM

Thanks Chris,
I will try it.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:04 PM

Make sure teleport is on touch screen mode with the rotation lock on the correct side.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:49 AM

Double tapping did the the trick. Worked great.
Thanks!