Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 02-20-2009, 01:43 PM

Default Re: So Digi, What is up with Structure ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussUK View Post
I'm still annoyed that there's no 'yawn' smiley available, especially for this thread.
Pass the popcorn before you nod off.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25ghosts View Post
Ankely, whatever you've just been smoking; it was too much.

If you feel need to call me names like Jackass and vent your frustration, use my email or go bother a shrink.

Lets get back on track please !
Agreed. (I have never used the "Ignore" feature until today. An unfortunate turn of events.)

I appreciate your and relaxo's "German" approach to things. I didn't used to, until I married into a German family. I once had a professor who was fluent in several languages. He said that whenever he was confronted with a technical problem he chose to think it through in German. Thank God we all bring different gifts to the table. The world would be rather stagnant otherwise.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:26 PM

Heartfelt thanks to Relaxo and 25 Ghosts. Selfishly speaking, it's great having you guys in my corner.
I admit to a tinge of guilt at no being quite so thorough in my attempts and proactive behavior. Especially when the results are so spectacular.

That slight feeling of regret has prompted others to post in a defensive fashion.
That's my take on an otherwise inexplicable turn of mood.

Last night I played.....for the first time in 2 years............my Sonic Implants Symphonic String Library in "Structure Free"

And it sounded bloody great.

Thanks guys.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Avid

Hey guys - c'mon now, there's no need for name calling!

Let's be professional about this, please? You're all smart and contribute to the good of things in one way or another. Some are just more...vocal about it than others.

I'd like to say a few things - first, we hear you loud and clear! In fact, there aren't too many things that we don't hear you on. If I can, again, step outside my 'official' capacity at Digi and give my perspective on things like this - I've worked at pro audio companies, distributors and done retail for long enough to see every side of the coin. The reality is that everyone is working with limited resources and trying to make the most out of them. That sometimes has harsh consequences - I'm sure you've all seen enough of the 'product announcements' happen and 6 months, a year, 2 years later they're still vaporware. The speed at which technology changes, at which prices change for components, at how quickly fabricators can come and go - all of this plays a huge part in what companies are able to do. There are often setbacks that can't be planned for - for every good idea that makes it to market, there's probably 2 or more others that were in various stages that get canned because they've missed the curve, the technology has changed or fabrication has to change so much that it delays the release or makes it a non-viable product. Throw the competition in there and a sagging economy, not to mention the actual pro-audio market is tiny in comparison to almost anything else and it paints a picture of what anyone in this market is up against. Digidesign is considered the 'big dog', yet we aren't even considered a 'large company' (which is over 1000 employees). We don't have unlimited resources - in fact, we have a bit less than we did not too long ago, as some of you may have heard.

Anyways - my point being that we know about the problems, we are actively working to address them and, yes, there have been delays. We apologize for that. Just know that we aren't ignoring anyone, nor are we ignorant of what needs to be done. We're working on fixing as many things as we can, as quickly as we can and, hopefully, you understand that.

By all means - keep letting us know what's not working for you, but please keep it civil.

Deal?
Old 02-20-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
snip....

Anyways - my point being that we know about the problems, we are actively working to address them and, yes, there have been delays. We apologize for that. Just know that we aren't ignoring anyone, nor are we ignorant of what needs to be done. We're working on fixing as many things as we can, as quickly as we can and, hopefully, you understand that.
I think digidesign, which is considered to be a big dog in a small world, is the company listening and communicating the most with its customers.

I dont think that I have ever done anything quietly in my life. I am a very emotional person. Be it when I criticize or when I praise. And I know that I do both. I dont believe in putting a lid on emotions as it will only cause a premature heart attack. At times I am wrong and at times I am right but I aint scared of facing the consequences and admitting to em.

When it rains you get wet. That is, if you dare to walk outside when it does.

That been said, I think this forum is amongst the best there is. And I dont think that a few cat fights, now and then are making a forum bad or unprofessional. Cat fights are a part of real life and it would be unreal if they weren't present on a forum every now and then, especially in our business where emotions are the sole spark for commencing the process of putting frequencies together into a song.

If everyone would agree on everything, we would never advance. Yin and Yang
Old 02-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Avid

Quote:
I dont think that I have ever done anything quietly in my life. I am a very emotional person. Be it when I criticize or when I praise
You should see what kind of ruckus I raise around here....! Seriously - as I mentioned before, I'm very vocal about getting this working right, whether it's VI's (one of my personal missions is to press people to get these working as well as in Logic..) or workflow issues. I use Pro Tools on a daily basis and know how some of these problems can put a damper on the day - but I also know how hard people work here and what limitations there are for how much can be done in a certain amount of time...and how unexpected problems can delay things.

On the other hand, I have a rather pragmatic attitude in that we have the ability to do so much with very little investment. I think TOM@METRO pointed out in another thread the multi-hundreds of thousands of dollars one would have had to spend even 10 years ago to do what we can now do for well under $1k. And I think that's part of Ankeley's point - yes, there are problems, but in the grand scheme of things, we have it pretty good. I would agree, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't press for better...just be realistic and civil about it - and we'll try to be upfront about what's going on as much as we can.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:52 PM
Avid

Oh, and as far as cat fights go - I don't think what goes on here holds a candle to some of the other forums I frequent...!

That's not a challenge, btw!
Old 02-20-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Oh, and as far as cat fights go - I don't think what goes on here holds a candle to some of the other forums I frequent...!

That's not a challenge, btw!
I agree with that. I have always found the tone of the DUC to be great. There is a healthy mix of everything here.

As far as being civil.

I think that opening up like you do is contributing to that in a big way. I remember some of my first posts here, some of which I am not proud at all, were based on anger towards prejudice that companies weren't generally listening.

Learning is a part of life, which we never cease to do, hopefully and even cat fights contribute to that.

Take Care
Old 02-20-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussUK View Post
I'm still annoyed that there's no 'yawn' smiley available, especially for this thread.
I think we need a monkey... like Gearslutz

That'll change the tone around here...
Old 02-20-2009, 10:56 PM

So.....now that the drama's over......dare I ask a question:

Is anyone running EWQLSO libraries in Structure successfully?