Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2017, 04:36 PM

Default CM Magazine giving away AIR Vacuum Pro

So apparently the Jan 2018 issue of Computer Music Magazine will feature AIR Vacuum Pro as their monthly free plugin. It also looks like they may be offering the expansion too.

Old 11-29-2017, 05:23 PM

Default Re: CM Magazine giving away AIR Vacuum Pro

All these AIR freebees and $1 sales makes those of us (me atleast) look like a huge toolhat for paying 600-700 USD just a few years ago for PTIEP

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-02-2017, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
All these AIR freebees and $1 sales makes those of us (me atleast) look like a huge toolhat for paying 600-700 USD just a few years ago for PTIEP
Agree.

Also the Air download and install process has been such a nightmare for me over the years.
Things like slow and broken downloads, install issues, crashes and limited download periods just made me finally give up.
All the Air stuff is gone from my system. Sorry but there are much better alternatives imo.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdee View Post
Agree.

Beaids the Air download and install process has been such a nightmare for me over the years so all the Air stuff is gone from my system. Sorry but there are much better alternatives imo.
Same. The hassle hasn't been worth the result here.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 12-03-2017, 01:49 PM

The only two AIR instruments I use now are Xpand!2 and Transfuser. They're a terrible company.

Xpand!2 is easily replaceable I just use it out of habit but I'm open to any suggestions as to what I can replace Transfuser with. It's been a main stay in my template since it was released and gets used a LOT - even with the horrendous bugs AIR acknowledged years ago and never fixed.

Shifting Sands Audio
www.shiftingsandsaudio.com
soundcloud.com/shiftingsands

Asus X79 Deluxe | i7 4930K @ 4.1 | 32Gb Ripjaws CL9 GBLZ | Radeon R5 230 | Win7 Pro (64) | 256Gb Samsung 850 SSD | 2x 1Tb Seagate SATA | 250Gb Samsung EVO SSD | 128 Samsung SSD | Antec 650W | ProTools 11.3.2HD, 10.3.9HD, 12.5 | Cubase 9.0.20 Pro | Nuendo 8 | Studio One 3.2 Pro | RME UFX | 2x Octopre Mkii Dynamic | Alphatrack | DTouch | Logitech G510 | Kensington Trackball | Yamaha UX256
Old 12-03-2017, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazC View Post
The only two AIR instruments I use now are Xpand!2 and Transfuser. They're a terrible company.

Xpand!2 is easily replaceable I just use it out of habit but I'm open to any suggestions as to what I can replace Transfuser with. It's been a main stay in my template since it was released and gets used a LOT - even with the horrendous bugs AIR acknowledged years ago and never fixed.
I honestly don't know of anything out there that does what Transfuser can do. Not when you consider all the features you find in Transfuser. Not sure what bugs you're referring to?

Old 12-04-2017, 09:58 AM

The main bug which absolutely kills workflow (as in requires PT to be shut down to have even a 50/50 chance of getting past it) is the 'content cannot be found or is not authorized please ensure you have an iLok with the correct licence connected' on default Transfuser content.

A few years ago we got an official response along the lines of 'we are aware Transfuser can be unstable when used with other plugins' but no fix has ever materialised.

Shifting Sands Audio

Asus X79 Deluxe | i7 4930K @ 4.1 | 32Gb Ripjaws CL9 GBLZ | Radeon R5 230 | Win7 Pro (64) | 256Gb Samsung 850 SSD | 2x 1Tb Seagate SATA | 250Gb Samsung EVO SSD | 128 Samsung SSD | Antec 650W | ProTools 11.3.2HD, 10.3.9HD, 12.5 | Cubase 9.0.20 Pro | Nuendo 8 | Studio One 3.2 Pro | RME UFX | 2x Octopre Mkii Dynamic | Alphatrack | DTouch | Logitech G510 | Kensington Trackball | Yamaha UX256
Old 12-04-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazC View Post
The main bug which absolutely kills workflow (as in requires PT to be shut down to have even a 50/50 chance of getting past it) is the 'content cannot be found or is not authorized please ensure you have an iLok with the correct licence connected' on default Transfuser content.

A few years ago we got an official response along the lines of 'we are aware Transfuser can be unstable when used with other plugins' but no fix has ever materialised.
I've been using Transfuser almost since it came out, and I've never seen this issue. I'm on Windows, though. Is this unique to Macs?

Old 12-04-2017, 01:55 PM

No, Windows. As I say, they even acknowledged it as an issue but have done absolutely nothing to fix it.

It occurs under different circumstances, for me it's 100% reproducable when using Kontakt in the same session. Even after some email dialogue with AIR directly they just shrugged their shoulders and said "yes, it's a known issue with Transfuser 2" and closed the case. As I said, terrible company.

Shifting Sands Audio

Old 12-04-2017, 02:58 PM

I don’t have Kontakt. But as I said, I’ve never had this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk