Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 11-27-2020, 06:37 AM

Default Atmos Deliverables

I'm curious if anyone with a little more experience than me can shed some light on Atmos file deliveries to Netflix, Apple, etc.

Some spec sheets state that Tracks 1-10 are reserved for beds, and 11-128 can be used for objects or beds.

In my setup, the beds begin on channel 21 of DAPS, because I use the first 20 channels to return the mix and ReRenders back to PT for measurement. The first 20 channels are left blank when creating masters.

Would my deliverables be accepted using this setup? Do beds need to start on Channel 1-10? Or, are we ok as long as beds are the first track in both the master output and the ADM WAV file?

Thanks.
Old 12-01-2020, 01:34 AM

Default Re: Atmos Deliverables

Hi mman00,

You'll have to bear with me as I work with an RMU/DAMS, not DAPS, slightly different but the same in principle.

Can you provide some info on how you are routing audio between tools and DAPS? Specifically if you are using an aggregate device, or Dolby Audio Bridge, or Send/Return plugs?

Screenshot of you bus i/o would be helpful to.

My first stab at this would just be to change the input config on DAPS. say you're sending your first bed from tools on channels 21-30, you can assign the inputs on DAPS to inputs 1-10, and then cascading from there.

Hope that makes sense.

Alex
Old 12-01-2020, 04:53 PM

I am using the DAB as both this input and output device. I start my beds on channel 21 which opens the first 20 channels for monitoring and rerenders returns back to PT.

I'm wondering if anyone here can confirm if Netflix, Apple, etc. will accept delivery of Atmos files with beds starting on any channel, or do they have to start on 1-10?
Old 12-07-2020, 08:05 AM

That's an interesting question....my technical guess is that it should not matter because the metadata file that is included with the Atmos deliverables details where beds/objects/etc are.

Whether in practice that data is actually used rather than assuming a specific channel layout, I do not know.