Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 02-16-2013, 10:27 PM

Default Plug In Trials

Hi. I'm looking to try out some software plug-ins; I'd like to try them out before purchasing. I just finished out the 20 day trial for all the Softube plugs and now I have the plug-in itch. I was really impressed with the Summit Grand Channel, especially the EQ section. It's not an extremely accurate EQ, but it adds great color, as well as amazing low end.

Can anyone suggest some other full functioning plug in trails?

I'm running PT 7.3 LE, but there is no forum for this anymore, so I figured I'd post this here.

Thanks,
-Adam
Old 02-17-2013, 12:18 AM

Default Re: Plug In Trials

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam79 View Post
I'm running PT 7.3 LE, but there is no forum for this anymore, so I figured I'd post this here.

Thanks,
-Adam
Here is the forum you are looking for.

http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.10 HDX
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 02-17-2013, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam79 View Post
Can anyone suggest some other full functioning plug in trails?
www.masseyplugins.com

These are functional forever, but you need to buy them to open certain features; however, the free and paid version are identical sound-wise. Plus they are well worth their cheap price so if you like them please buy them and support Mr.Massey who has now started the process of porting the plugs to AAX format.

For example, the Massey Limiter is as good as it gets, and in some blind tests it has beaten limiters costing over a grand.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:07 AM

Totally agree about the Massey stuff. Bear in mind though that you'll probably have some restrictions with certain new plugins due to the version of Pro Tools and probably older computer that your are running.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
www.masseyplugins.com

These are functional forever, but you need to buy them to open certain features; however, the free and paid version are identical sound-wise. Plus they are well worth their cheap price so if you like them please buy them and support Mr.Massey who has now started the process of porting the plugs to AAX format.

For example, the Massey Limiter is as good as it gets, and in some blind tests it has beaten limiters costing over a grand.
Thanks. I actually have those Massey trial plugs.