Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2003, 10:46 AM

Default Useless Plugins w/ every PT System

Now Included with every Pro Tools system, plug-ins that don't work in OSX!

The HTDM versions of Amplitube and T-Racks cause distortion when more than a few instances are used. When you open a session, the audio tracks with Amplitube and T-Racks instantiations mute, soooo you have to un-instantiate and re-instantiate to un-mute. Hope you saved the plug-in settings!

HTDM and RTAS can't be run together, that causes distortion too, so forget about using most of these plug-ins together.

How can digidesign have the rocks to promote these plug-ins on their home page when they don't even work.

Comments anyone?
Old 12-30-2003, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Useless Plugins w/ every PT System

They are using the same rocks they use when telling me that after buying an 8000 Mix Plus system 3 years ago, I need to spend 8000 more to get the current system.

Old 12-30-2003, 11:05 AM

Quote:
soooo you have to un-instantiate and re-instantiate to un-mute. Hope you saved the plug-in settings!
Try deactivating and reactivating. If that works, you won't lose your settings.
HD 2 Accel
PT 7.1cs9
192 I/O
Old 12-30-2003, 11:28 AM

I know, Ford pulled that on me too, I bought a new car and the next year they came out with a new model and expected me to buy that instead of just giving it to me
geesh
Old 12-30-2003, 11:45 AM

Yeah, but your old Ford will still work when they build new highways.

Old 12-30-2003, 12:01 PM

the full version of Amplitube works fine with my Accel system. Peace
Old 12-30-2003, 08:44 PM

...and the LE version of AmpliTube works fine with AltiVerb (which is HTDM) on my Accel system too.

I've never tried to run that many instances of it, but I've never heard any distortion, aside from what it's supposed to do, from AmpliTube. Try reinstalling it?

Best of luck,

-monte-
Old 12-30-2003, 10:08 PM

Namaste & Monte-

Holy Christmas! Amplitube and Altiverb might be working in 6.x? Are you running any other HTDM or RTAS at the same time?

Three or more HTDM plugs (or just HTDM and RTAS) produce distortion on my system. (6.1 - OSX.2.6 - DP 1.25 FW800) With HTDM the effect can sometimes be a low level constant clicking.

What's your config (PT vers/OSX vers./G4 or G5)

Peace and good luck right back at ya! Thank's for the information.

TomHartman -

I feel for you. I jumped on with the 2 -Ch Sound designer card. Then I dropped about 20 grand into PT nubus and 15 more into PCI. All that before I plunked it down for the HD rig. BUT I have to say I am absolutely satisfied with the HD hardware. HD and the 192 sound sublime to my ears. I do not want what I have not got.
Old 12-30-2003, 10:52 PM

Andy, yes I know....I've been buying since a little later than you...I started with four 442 interfaces when everyone was saying "Get an adat...Pro Tools is for editing."

I keep checking out the native solutions but they aren't pretty. And I mean, they literally aren't pretty

Pro Tools is the only thing I can deal with. It's the only program that really feels like it makes sense, and is there to work for you. I never feel like I'm working against anything in Pro Tools other than the upgrade costs