Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 03-18-2008, 09:24 AM

Default Consolidate and Fades default file

I am using ProTools LE on a G4 using and external firewire drive for my audio (though the PT application is on the internal hard drive).

I've noticed that when I consolidate a series of audio segments in a project, the new consolidated audio is not placed in the "audio files" folder in the project folder on my firewire drive, instead a new folder seems to be created on my internal drive where the audio is placed. I noticed, too, that all my fade files are placed on the internal drive as well.

I've looked around and can't seem to find a preference option where I can tell PT to put the fade files and the consolidated audio files in the appropriate sub folders of the project folder on my firewire drive.

Any suggestions? What am I missing?
Old 03-18-2008, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Consolidate and Fades default file

Check your disk allocation. It's apparently set to the internal drive. You may have round robin or some custom allocation option enabled, but that would be the place to look.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Avid

Default Re: Consolidate and Fades default file

Was this session possibly started on the internal drive?

There are only a few scenarios that would explain why the fade and consolidated audio files would go to that drive.

Probably the easiest solution is to do a 'Save Copy In' and choose to copy all audio files - re-save it to your external firewire drive, then close the current session and open the newly saved version. This will update the session so that disk allocation should all be on the firewire drive, all audio files for the session will be in the audio files folder and any fades or consolidated files should go there as well.