How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools 2019

Old 01-10-2020, 12:50 PM

Default Re: No sound from bounced mp3 file

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
So you used built-in output? Defaulted all the IO (delete the paths and then click the default button). But what exact output path are you bouncing?
Yes, I did all those things. As for the output path I used to bounce - there was just one option, something with the words built in.

The weird thing is that I've bounced this same session before, with the Apollo x4, a month ago. The only thing I've done since then, that I can think of, is move my Pro Tools folder to a USB drive and install a few plug-ins perhaps.

It must be something to do with one of the other settings. Sample rate? I used 88.2 because that's the session's rate. Anything other than I/O settings I should check? And within I/O, is it something other than the paths? There are some other fields in that dialog box.

iMac (27-inch, late 2013)
macOS High Sierra (v 10.13.6)
Universal Audio Apollo x4 Thunderbolt
Pro Tools v 2019.12
[Amount of Memory installed where?]
attached peripherals: G-DRIVE mobile USB-C (containing the PT files); G-DRIVE mobile USB for Time Machine; LG screen for extended desktop
Old 01-10-2020, 01:33 PM

So have you tried a new totally empty session? (note how many times I keep asking you what you have exactly done...). Just keep going make this as stupidly simple as possible. Make big bold changes to find the cause quickly.

Trash prefs, as well.

Hard to imagine how this is happening on a native system (but UAD plugs make stuff more complex) but if that all still fails then you can try moving all plugins out of the .aaxplugin folder and test with just the stock Pro Tools plugins (which it will put back automatically).

It is not likely anything to do with sample rate, interleave, etc. or options in the dialog box you are focusing on.

And make sure you actually see the new file written, are not for example seeing a failure where the file is not written or is going somewhere else and you keep opening on old empty file. Put that new file somewhere clean and watch it get created/confirm the time stamp is correct.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
(note how many times I keep asking you what you have exactly done...)
Thanks for your recommendations so far, but if you can't give advice without taking on an inappropriate/sarcastic tone, I suggest you leave this thread for others to help with. All the best

Pro Tools v 2019.12
attached peripherals: G-DRIVE mobile USB-C (containing the PT files); G-DRIVE mobile USB for Time Machine; LG screen for extended desktop
Old 01-10-2020, 02:50 PM

Thank you everyone for your help! Solved it.

I did an option + click on a track to select them all, and then did the bounce.

Was confused earlier by the fact that I was still hearing audio during the realtime bounce. That made me think the sound was going through the outputs, so it must be printed on the mp3.

Appreciate everyone chiming in.

Pro Tools v 2019.12
Old 01-10-2020, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsf View Post
Thanks for your recommendations so far, but if you can't give advice without taking on an inappropriate/sarcastic tone, I suggest you leave this thread for others to help with. All the best
There was nothing sarcastic or inappropriate there, look how hard it was to solve a simple problem, you would have gotten better help faster if you had more clearly described what you were doing.

Glad you got the problem sorted... actually that a common cause of problems, should have been able to help you faster with that.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 01-10-2020 at 03:31 PM.