Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 09-14-2004, 08:34 AM

Default Thanks to everyone/up and running

Everyone in this forum has been such an incredible help since my original post about two months ago with making the switch from MAC to PC. I am blown away by your alls generousity and knowledge. This has been an enjoyable experience because of you guys.

I built the following machine:

AMD Athlon 3400+
Asus K8V se Deluxe Mobo
Kingston PC3200 DDR400 RAM
Sony DVD burner
HEC 350W PS
Radeon 9200 Vid card
2 WD SATA internal drives.

DaveC results: 32+21. I am running PT6.4 with the Digi 002R on Windows XP.

I think now it is time to head over to the DUC bar and grill for few beers.

Thanks again to everyone!

I do have another question. Since I'm coming from a MAC, I had an external firewire drive that I used to record to. Now I have two internal SATA drives. One is for audio. I tried to plug it into the PC (the MOBO came with one onboard firewire port, Digi 002r plugged in here, and a IEEE 1394 module. Basically just an extra firewire port). I tried plugging it in here but, Windows does not see the drive. I tried to plug it into the onboard one as well, same thing.

I guess my thought was that I could plug this firewire drive into the PC and open these sessions on the PC. They were recorded with the Enforce MAC/PC compatability. I checked under Device Manager, but it wasn't there either. Is it because it was formatted with a MAC file system? If that is the case, what is the procedure to reformat this drive so Windows will see it? I mean, the only machine I have that will see it is the MAC and I'm sure it doesn't have the ability to format NTFS. The MAC does not have a DVD burner to copy the data off and the sessions are too big for CD. Is it possible to plug this drive into a PC and copy the data off and reformat it with NTFS?

Thanks again.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Thanks to everyone/up and running

You need MacDrive5 from www.mediafour.com to mount an HFS+ drive.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 09-14-2004, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Thanks to everyone/up and running

Thanks for the link. I appreciate it.