Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2020, 04:58 PM

Default Melodyne Studio 5 vs Revoice Pro 4

As a long-time Melodyne user, I'm really liking the ability to work with multiple tracks in the studio window. But I can't find any information on syncing multiple vocal backing tracks, for example, at the same time. I know Revoice can do it, and I think Vocalign can as well, but I'm never used either. Just seen their promos. So my question is, can I use Melodyne to sync up a group of backing vocal tracks, or do I have to do them individually? And if that's the case, is Revoice worth the price just for that feature, or does it have other capabilities beyond Melodyne that makes it worth having both.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-17-2020, 07:21 AM

Default Re: Melodyne Studio 5 vs Revoice Pro 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcasper View Post
As a long-time Melodyne user, I'm really liking the ability to work with multiple tracks in the studio window. But I can't find any information on syncing multiple vocal backing tracks, for example, at the same time. I know Revoice can do it, and I think Vocalign can as well, but I'm never used either. Just seen their promos. So my question is, can I use Melodyne to sync up a group of backing vocal tracks, or do I have to do them individually? And if that's the case, is Revoice worth the price just for that feature, or does it have other capabilities beyond Melodyne that makes it worth having both.

Thanks in advance!
Melodyne studio as plugin can do many tracks in one plugin-window.
Ie 10 tracks each with Mel-studio plugin.
Only need one plugin window open. You'll see and control all tracks from there.
Transfer-in all at once, offline!
BTW mel studio could already convert audio to midi but its more convenient and seamless in 20.11
Old 11-17-2020, 08:15 AM

Just upgraded from "Studio 4" to "Studio 5" for $129. at Audio Deluxe.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 11-17-2020, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitT View Post
Melodyne studio as plugin can do many tracks in one plugin-window.
Ie 10 tracks each with Mel-studio plugin.
Only need one plugin window open. You'll see and control all tracks from there.
Transfer-in all at once, offline!
BTW mel studio could already convert audio to midi but its more convenient and seamless in 20.11
Yes, I use that functionality regularly. But more specifically, my question was is there a way in Melodyne to select say 4 different backing vocal tracks and align them all with a single command or movement? Kind of like using groups in Pro Tools itself.
Old 11-17-2020, 02:50 PM

“...4 different backing vocal tracks and align them all with a single command or movement?"

yes. just highlight the plugin-tracks blobs inside 1 of the plugins. you’ll see all track instances in one plugin.

Also note when in / focused the plugin, select all etc. shortcut commands work.
...select all choose tool double click on a blob and all jump to pitch, time, formant...
Old 11-17-2020, 02:53 PM

Quote:
“...4 different backing vocal tracks and align them all with a single command or movement?"

yes. just highlight the plugin-tracks blobs inside 1 of the plugins. you’ll see all track instances in one plugin.

...select all choose tool double click on a blob and all jump to pitch, time, formant...
Awesome! Thank you! I've done that with pitch, but wasn't aware I could do it with time. I'll have to look into how to do that. I know the double click works for pitch, but haven't used the double click for time alignment. Will check it out.
Old 12-10-2020, 04:59 AM

Quote:

Are you saying I can double click to tune multiple tracks at the same time?
Old 12-10-2020, 02:19 PM

No, but you can work several tracks within a single plugin window, and switching between is simple(the grey blobs are a reference and the orange blobs are what you can edit). Using the lead vocal blobs in grey as your timing reference, use the timing tool to alter timing on the orange blobs so they match the reference(as tight or loose as you like). In all cases, I would always use Melodyne in the first insert slot, and I would Commit Up to This Plugin to render the Melodyne work. As for timing, yes, Vocalign and ReVoice Pro can do it with less effort from you(theoretically) but I'm not sure it will be better in any way.

Alternately, you could tune with Melodyne, commit and then use X-Form EA to line things up

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave