Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 09-21-2020, 03:00 PM

Default Do I need to start over? (Pro Tools)

People, I need help. I am a bit tech savvy, so I am sure I am missing a step.
I also know this answer is probably in some thread, so feel free to direct.
Here we go...
I purchased Pro Tools 2020.9.1 as a download from Guitar Center. I have a brand new/ just out of the box HP Envy All-In One and ProTools is the only after market software installed.
I have a brand new Rode Caster Pro board and it is up to date on firmware.
After the download, I tried for days just to get everything setup. I finally downloaded ASIO4ALL, and somewhat/ somehow got the program to finally open and appears to be recording....but now I have ZERO audio, so I have no idea what is recording.
I REALLY need to get this working within two weeks because we are planning to record some Christmas programs (old timey radio shows) and i NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE!! I am happy to uninstall everything and start over if I have done something wrong.
Many thanks.
Rod
Old 09-21-2020, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Do I need to start over? (Pro Tools)

See the “help us help you” link at the top of the forum and post your system specs. “Brand new HP Envy” doesn’t mean much. What are you using for an audio interface? Did you make sure Windows doesn’t use that interface for Windows audio?
Old 09-21-2020, 05:20 PM

Of course, read the help us help you with its optimization and troubleshooting guides, but also be shure to get some basic info on Pro Tools basics. Lots of info out there. Youtube.

But if you haven't already, go here:
RØDECaster Pro - Rode
and scroll down to Downloads at the bottom of the page.
There is a download called Pro Tools PC, which I expect will contain clues for you.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.
Old 09-22-2020, 03:13 AM

Getting the Rodecaster working with Pro Tools is one thing, but don’t forget you can record directly to the SD card on the unit itself.

The later FW updates give you the ability to record multitrack onto the unit as well. Personally, I’d do that over recording into PT. It’s probably more stable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk