Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 06-02-2018, 04:14 PM

Default pro tools studio upgrade1

Hello Avid friends . .. i have to approve our studio in small company .. i have recently work on these devices and sound systems and i interest in this area ... ok... our previous studio work with pro tools v7... the original version from Avid with hp pc and digidesign ES fader accomplished with peripherals with two hd audio cards and three 192 I/O's with x-mon and pre-amp and sync device all from Avid (last it was digidesign) since 2007 ... !! Ok !! We now have to upgrade our system with surround speakers from Genelec 5.1 (one subwoofer and other 5 speakers ).... we update the system to pro tools ultimate 2018 with iLok activation and Mac pro with thunderbolt ports and two hdx cards and two 8*8*8 HD I/O like pictures ... though i cant hear LFE channel from sub !! I depended on RTW surround control as a converter and connected it with xmon then digitally to sub then 5speakers !! How i can do this and what is the way to fix this problem and make digital connection between sub and the system and to make sure that my connections is ok ? .. low freq cant be fixed .... where is the problem or how can i be inssure from wiring and is it necessary to put HD MADI or protools MTRX instead of RTW which i made the convertion by it ? in another words >> why MTRX or MADI are used for ? are they in needed in my studio ? To fix output to sub digitally and listen lfe from sub

in pictures there is a small view .. so! what i also need to upgrade ? i have new hdx card and two 8*8*8 HD I/O >>>> is there need to MTRX ? and why yes or no? what is the important and misseng cards or racks i did not care about? i need solutions and wiring scheme to active my Genelic subwoofer which didnt out its low freq signal and i didnt hear it ! but it sends L,R,C RR,LR signals to speakers>>>> plz ! make a view to studio in pics and tell me >>>> thanks

Is it correct choice to depend on RTW in converting ??or its better to use MRTX if it work the same or better for routing and converting ?! though if i had AES/EBU Digital I/O ? my point is to avoid multi points of DAC ADC >>
HOW THE SIGNAL must be guided ? from digital I/O OUT -->RTW DIDITAL IN-->SUBWOOFER DIGITAL IN (through Xmon) -->speakers
to be able to control sound frome the console!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180403_111817.jpg (77.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20180527_131822.jpg (58.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20180520_142515.jpg (91.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-03-2018, 02:00 PM

Default Re: pro tools studio upgrade1

Don't we already have this thread rolling? Posting again is not likely to make things better

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave