Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 08:03 AM

Default questions (complaints?) re: 003 control surface

had my first real go at using a 003 last night in a long session, and I ran into a couple of workflow issues...these probably fall more under "bugs" or "feature requests," but I figure I'd post them up here anyway just in case someone has good tips/work-arounds/etc...

1) with the new CS update, the press-the-bank-button, scroll-to-project-start bug seems to be fixed...but in it's place, I'm getting a similar issue: opening a Create New Track dialogue (new to PT, not in front of my DAW right now, so I apologize if I'm not getting the exact syntax right), then use the 003's arrow buttons to increase the # of tracks or change the type of track, it seems to jump in groups of 3 or 5 (e.g., it will jump straight from Audio Track to Instrument Track)...pretty sure it didn't do this with the previous CS?

2) related to #1: I can't seem to find a way to open the Create New Track dialogue in the first place w/ the 003? Seems kind of odd that we are given a way to adjust and submit all the values in this box w/o leaving the control surface, but you still have to hit the mouse or keyboard to get the dialogue box up in the first place?

3) Why don't the CTRL/ALT/etc... modifier keys on the 003 control surface work with the mouse scroll wheel for navigation in the edit window? I see you can use the modifier keys on the keyboard, combined with the mouse scroll wheel, to zoom and scroll horizontally, but this does not work with the 003's modifier's keys? Pretty inconvenient for someone (like me) who relies heavily on just using the control surface and mouse 90% of the time.