Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2006, 05:13 AM

Default 40+ Failed download attempts on digidesign.com!

I've being trying to get the PTLE71update for about 2 months now!

Every single time, no matter how fast it starts downloading, 1 hour to go, 45 mins to go... whatever... It keeps messing up about 30 - 60Mb into it and then I have to go through the whole process just to be disappointed again!

The last time it teased me by pretending to be working for a change, it stopped up after saying 9 minutes to go after maintaining about 20 - 30KB/s for the whole download!

I also had so many problems registering my Mbox2, I've given up now because the site it so slow.

I tried buying the update but again, the site is too slow and I don't see why I should pay £6 something I paid £300 for only weeks before the update was available.

Is there some kind of mirror site for the downloads?

Maybe being the UK I'm fighting over bandwidth with the whole of europe?

It's no problem with MY connection before that's suggested. The whole digidesign site seems to be overloaded most of the time because only the DUC seems to run anything like quickly and even that's only because every page on the main site has a lot of flash content!

How can I get this update?