Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 07-20-2007, 08:23 AM

Default Command 8 not recognized by Pro Tools

Hello

I just purchased a C|8 and I'm having the following issues.
The C|8 is not recognized by PT in the Peripherals menu. I only have "none", "HUI" and "motormix" available, and obviously none of them work.
I have downloaded and installed the latest release of the C|8 driver from Digi's website, and I followed the instruction's manual for the installation (first connect power and USB cable, then power the C|8 up and wait for the dialog box to ask the driver, then launch install).
The USB light on the C|8 is lighted, and it seems to work (faders and switchs light up in Stand Alone mode).
I also checked the troubleshooting suggestions in the manual and on answerbase, but it seems they aren't my case, ans the C|8 is recognized by Windows, but not by PT.
I seem to remember that there was some kind of DLL file or controller template or something like that that has to be placed in the C|8 folder...but I red it somewhere here on the DUC sometime ago...cannot find it or recall what excatly was.
Is there anything I'm missing? I have one iLok connected to the adjacent USB port and an USB mouse.
I updated firmware to the version that came with the download (updated successfully).
I'm on PT 7.1CS3, Win XP SP2, Athlon 4400X2, 002R.
Thanx

L.G.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:37 AM

Default Re: Command 8 not recognized by Pro Tools

Gave up on the SAC, huh? Me too.

I would try re-running the Pro Tools installer, and selecting the Command 8 option.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 07-20-2007, 09:00 AM

That did the trick my friend !!!!!

I owe you a beer!

I gave up on the SC because I thought I'd have less issues with a Digidesign surface...go figure...I wonder why they have the updated driver for download, and it doesn't work...

Anyway..it works now...really happy, I'm off mixing my ***** of with faders now.

Again, tahnx

L.G.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:07 AM

Quote:
I gave up on the SC because I thought I'd have less issues with a Digidesign surface...
Same here. The SAC was a great device, it just never worked well, and they aren't updating the drivers for it at all. It's a shame, really.
Quote:
I wonder why they have the updated driver for download, and it doesn't work...
I'm pretty sure the Windows Drivers and the controller profile are two totally separate things. You need the drivers to make the thing work with windows. You need the controller profile to make it work with Pro Tools. Drivers are available as download, controller profile is in the software.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Old 07-20-2007, 10:01 AM

Clear, glad you were so quick in answering my question...I was pretty much getting frustrated...

L.G.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:34 AM

After a few hours of work with the C8...well I don't think I'll be able to go back to working with a mouse and keyboard again...I've been working with real mixers and Pro Control in other studios, but I've never had the chance to get deeper in the use and familiarize with them...now...the mixes really come alive!!!

One thing though that I think is missing, or that I haven't been able to find (in the manual too): is it possible to enable and change automation modes right from the C|8? I'm doing it on the fly with the mouse, maybe there's keyboard shortcuts to do it, but a dedicated key to do it like on the procontrol and C|24 would be very handy.

L.G.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:44 AM

Quote:
is it possible to enable and change automation modes right from the C|8?
Nope.

Old 07-21-2007, 01:28 AM

Toooo bad....OK, I'll do that with mouse and keyboard...

I heard there's a way to switch the fader caps (one of them accidentally stuck to my fingertip while mixing and got pulled off ), and put those of the C|24 or Pro Control in place...I saw a set of 5 Pro Control Fader caps on the Digistore, might be a nice idea if they really are compatible.

L.G.