Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Aspera DigiDelivery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 11:52 AM

Default Why is audio file a digi-wave? Problems, please help... *DELETED*

I have recently sent some audio files via digidelivery and the client received them and downloaded them to a non digidesign computer without problems. Now I've sent one 40 mb audio file just like I've always done, but the receiver can't play the file because it says that it's a digiwave and the digi hardware must be present. What's up with this? Why would it have that extension, when other audio files would play on any computer?

Thank you.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Why is audio file a digi-wave? Problems, please help...

Storm-01,

It sounds like the computer on the other end tried to install Pro Tools software only. And since Pro Tools won't launch without Digidesign Hardware, it throws that error message.

It doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with the wave file. Try having your client open it within a different application.

Hope this helps,

MasterJ
Old 09-12-2007, 10:14 AM

Yeah, he has PT installed on his laptop, but doesn't have his mbox hooked up. I'm not sure how he was trying to listen to the songs, but I would think that he could use Jam or iTunes for playback even though the mbox isn't connected. Thanks for the tip!
Old 09-12-2007, 10:49 AM

I've noticed the same thing lately. You double click the file and it tries to bring PT up. I have been able to open the files in itunes using the "open with" option instead of double clicking.