Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 07-05-2017, 11:15 PM

Default Re: (Heresy) Pro Tools Hardware Downgrade

I'm using HDN with latest PT software at home and HD3 with PT 8.1.1 on the road. Hard to say which I like more... the stability and snappiness of the old workhorse is just stunning.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
I'm using HDN with latest PT software at home and HD3 with PT 8.1.1 on the road. Hard to say which I like more... the stability and snappiness of the old workhorse is just stunning.
Not to derail the thread, but am i right in thinking that native still doesn't have a trim' mode? Ive got three HD3 PT10HD rigs, & was considering ditching my home one for a native PT12 setup for mixing only...i would really miss trim though..

B Rig: (Home/Office). M1 Mac Studio - 64gb ram - OSX 12.7.1, PT Ultimate2023.6, HD Native Thunderbolt, Omni, Avid Artist Control

http://www.lostboysstudio.com
Old 07-17-2017, 07:34 AM

HD native has trim, just not non-HD native.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson View Post
HD native has trim, just not non-HD native.
Sorry yes, I meant 'regular' rather than 'Native'...ah ok, that's a shame...I think its the only feature yet 'non-HD' lacks that stops me using it for proper mixing...i do like riding/trimming automation....not really worth the £1200 to upgrade from 10Hd to 12HD for that ...i'll stick with PT10HD for a while longer ! :)

B Rig: (Home/Office). M1 Mac Studio - 64gb ram - OSX 12.7.1, PT Ultimate2023.6, HD Native Thunderbolt, Omni, Avid Artist Control

http://www.lostboysstudio.com
Old 07-17-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ru_C View Post
i would really miss trim though..
That's a hard one to be without for sure
Old 08-29-2017, 10:10 AM

Well, I decided to stay in the HDX world. I'm selling my C|24 and got an S3 to replace it. HOWEVER, after making this decision, and finally succumbing to Avid and getting on a subscription, I discovered the need for the Digilink I/O license after the fact, and about went through the roof. I'm usually pretty good about researching stuff, but completely failed on this one.

The gall of Avid... charging me another $299 to make hardware that cost well in excess of $10K work with software I just paid out the behind to keep current is rich for even these jokers. If I would have known about this before, I'd be in Apollo land right now. I realize that $299 in the scheme of things isn't much, but the principle of it is such a middle finger to us who have stuck it out.

Granted HD has always been expensive, but wow...
Old 08-29-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JClayton View Post
Well, I decided to stay in the HDX world. I'm selling my C|24 and got an S3 to replace it. HOWEVER, after making this decision, and finally succumbing to Avid and getting on a subscription, I discovered the need for the Digilink I/O license after the fact, and about went through the roof. I'm usually pretty good about researching stuff, but completely failed on this one.

The gall of Avid... charging me another $299 to make hardware that cost well in excess of $10K work with software I just paid out the behind to keep current is rich for even these jokers. If I would have known about this before, I'd be in Apollo land right now. I realize that $299 in the scheme of things isn't much, but the principle of it is such a middle finger to us who have stuck it out.

Granted HD has always been expensive, but wow...
The Digilink I/O asset comes with any PTHD upgrade. How/where/when did you do your upgrade?

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:45 AM

I got it worked out with Avid support, they were actually quite helpful. Probably should have done that before going ballistic here. I tend to be one of those guys who tries to figure stuff out on my own and never contacting support (because in a past life I worked support), but that would have saved me quite a bit of aggravation if I started there.

Where's the egg on face emoji?
Old 08-30-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JClayton View Post
I got it worked out with Avid support, they were actually quite helpful. Probably should have done that before going ballistic here. I tend to be one of those guys who tries to figure stuff out on my own and never contacting support (because in a past life I worked support), but that would have saved me quite a bit of aggravation if I started there.

Where's the egg on face emoji?
Ha ha... I hate calling support as well.