Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2015, 01:31 PM

Default Dear Avid (Pro Tools Plan subscription)

Hey guys you need to stop confusing your customers
Giving people a perpetual license then adding a Pro Tools ilok asset in our ilok accounts, that's called "Pro Tools Plan" showing it's subscription that expires really confuses the heck out us simpletons…..
Old 04-23-2018, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Dear Avid (Pro Tools Plan subscription)

I totally agree with this! It is so hard to tell if the software you are buying is leased for the one year or if you get free upgrades for one year.

I know the $299 upgrade to Pro Tools 2018 is for the license to keep the software for good and the whole one year subscription deal means you can update for free for one year and get support for one year. At the end of the year you can choose to renew your subscription for the tech support and upgrades or just keep what you got. But if you don't renew when you want to upgrade you have to reinstate your plan which is more expensive.

I am sure about this because I have talked with Sweetwater and Avid and both confirmed that at the end of the year you keep Pro Tools and just lose the tech support and upgrades. I felt kinda dumb after they told me this but then when I looked into it some more I saw that they do have plans that are like I thought this one was before they clarified it for me. Sweetwater got back tome within the hour it took Avid a very long time respond.

The Plan I am not sure about is the $24.99 a month subscription that looks like after paying $24.99 for 12 months which would be $250 you can either buy pro tools for $299 or continue to rent Pro Tools for $24.99 a month. Which if it is like this I think it would be a bad deal!!!
Old 04-23-2018, 09:28 PM

Default Re: Dear Avid (Pro Tools Plan subscription)

Well if you’re renting Pro Tools for 12 months straight, then yes, it’s a bad deal.

One would think that if you’re requiring the use of the software continually for 12 months, that you’d buy the perpetual license.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk