Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 10-09-2018, 05:23 AM

Default Reaktor 5.9.4 MIDI issue

Last Friday I posted this over on the Reaktor sub-forum at the NI forum site and have gotten no response. A few reads but no answers. Can anyone help on this?

As posted on the Reaktor forum:
After doing my usual Friday morning backups/clone of my system I fired up Native Access and after it updated itself it reopened. I decided to do the Reaktor 5.9.4 update; I had 5.9.2 on my system. After the upgrade I opened Reaktor 5.9.4 in standalone and after setting my audio and MIDI stuff I proceeded to call up an ensemble. As usual I had to MIDI learn the output volume for cc7 using my Motif 7 . I then proceeded to try and play some notes and no audio came out. I could see that MIDI was getting to the ensemble inside Reaktor and the output volume moved as I moved my volume pedal but no audio. I rebooted but no help.

Just to be sure my Motif hadn't died I called up Kontakt 5 (latest version) and it worked fine.

Thankfully I had done the system clone earlier as reinstalling Reaktor 5.9.2 was no help. I refreshed my system drive from the clone and Reaktor 5.9.2 worked okay. Due to this issue I decided to skip the last update for Reaktor 5.

Anybody have any idea of what happened to do this? I not only had the problem in standalone but ProTools 11.3.2 and Digital Performer 9.02 and Blue Cat Patchwork.

Would appreciate any help.

QAPLA!