Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 07-09-2020, 08:25 AM

Default Error1721 - can't install Eucon Workstation

Hi,

I "just quickly" wanted to update from 20.6 to 20.6.1 and messed up my system (Win10)
During install I noticed that I had forgotten to close PT, so I did that which resulted in a BSOD. After reboot I tried to install/deinstall (installer and Windows app settings) but always get error 1721 (see attached image). I found another thread where someone had this problem, but he was able to deinstall using Windows app settings, wich unfortunately didn't work for me. Maybe some files got corrupted during the crash?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_Error1721.png (9.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-16-2020, 05:04 AM

Default Re: Error1721 - can't install Eucon Workstation

I am in touch with support now, seems like this killproc.exe got busted during the crash. Will report back in case someone else runs into this trouble (which I doubt, guess I was unlucky).
Old 07-18-2020, 05:07 AM

Okay, support is not responding. They basically suggested to update windows (four days ago) and did not respond to my replies yet.

Anyway, reinstalling Pro Tools didn't help, which means all of the broken files come with the Eucon installer. The problem is that the installer sees Eucon as installed, which is basically right, but therefor won't reinstall the broken files, which then again are needed to deinstall.

Anyone knows how to force reinstall/repair installation?
Old 07-19-2020, 02:25 PM
Avid

The way that this has been fixed before is to download Revo Uninstaller and remove EUCON with it. Then reinstall.

Revo Uninstaller
Old 07-20-2020, 03:16 AM

Thank you so much for your suggestion! I didn't use Revo, but this did the trick:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...led-or-removed

Apparently I was so fixated on repairing/swapping out the broken files that it didn't cross my mind to search for "broken install removal". When I checked out Revo I was thinking that Windows could probably do this stuff by itself - and it can. One quick search, found it instantly, took two minutes to remove and reinstall Eucon... took me more than a week to figure that out. I am getting old :)
Old 07-26-2020, 09:23 PM
Avid

Great, thanks for posting that 'official' fix too.