Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2009, 07:09 PM

Default Simple question re MPTK upgrade

I really would like an answer on this. I posted a somewhat discombubulated post last night but I will try and ask more clearly.

Here is my setup. Macpro with 3 int drives and a bunch of lacie d2's, a 003R Factory (Ignition pack Pro), MPTK , reason 4, melodyne studio, waves npp.

One HD has 10,5,5 with PtLE7.4 which is working well.

I've bought the MPTK 2 for my PTLE 8 which is on its own drive and the ilok assets are in my ilok account waiting to be transferred/synchronized to my ilok.

My great concern is that if I go ahead and sync my ilok for the upgraded MPTK 2/8.0 will my original MPTK/7.4 still function?!

I've got another issue with a bunch of plugs that seem to need authorization even though they should just load but I'll save that for another post.

While I love all the new features in 8 I need to have a stable system.

Of course if worst comes to worst I can always fire up my old G4/001--pretty plain jane but dead reliable LOL

B
Old 01-16-2009, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Simple question re MPTK upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by b mcgibney View Post
I really would like an answer on this. I posted a somewhat discombubulated post last night but I will try and ask more clearly.

Here is my setup. Macpro with 3 int drives and a bunch of lacie d2's, a 003R Factory (Ignition pack Pro), MPTK , reason 4, melodyne studio, waves npp.

One HD has 10,5,5 with PtLE7.4 which is working well.

I've bought the MPTK 2 for my PTLE 8 which is on its own drive and the ilok assets are in my ilok account waiting to be transferred/synchronized to my ilok.

My great concern is that if I go ahead and sync my ilok for the upgraded MPTK 2/8.0 will my original MPTK/7.4 still function?!

I've got another issue with a bunch of plugs that seem to need authorization even though they should just load but I'll save that for another post.

While I love all the new features in 8 I need to have a stable system.

Of course if worst comes to worst I can always fire up my old G4/001--pretty plain jane but dead reliable LOL

B

I hate to do this but bumpity bump bump. Surely somebody must know this
Old 01-16-2009, 11:27 PM

it depends, did you buy the mptk2 upgrade or a full version?
Old 01-16-2009, 11:30 PM

i just read your post again, looks like you did get the upgrade. i'm pretty sure you will surrender mptk1 once you sync.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:06 AM

You'll surrender the MPTK asset for the MPTK2 asset when you download the new asset to your key. The other thing is that there is a option to download a Excel.doc of your assets and given the fact that some of the bundles are in flux having a list of what you had before you upgraded or download the new assets might not be a bad idea.

I'm going to guess the plugs that aren't authorizing are maybe stuff like the Classic Compressors or MoogerFooger stuff that they (Digi) are currently having some issues with? First thing to do there is make sure you have the very latest versions installed.

EDIT: I was thinking of the MPTK to CPTK upgrade-my bad

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 01-17-2009, 12:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Yes it will still work. The MPTK 2 uses the same authorization for the MPTK enabler file as the original MPTK. Just to be clear, you will only have one authorization for that enabler file, but you can use it on either version of the toolkit, just not at the same time.

This page has all of the details about the toolkits, including information on downloads and installation:

New Toolkit Upgrade Options Available

Linked from the Pro Tools 8 section of Compatibility & Upgrades:
www.digidesign.com/support/upgrades
Pro Tools 8 Information
Optional Toolkit Upgrades