Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2008, 09:45 AM

Default Mbox 2 on Fujitsu laptop = fail

Hi, I've searched every nook and cranny of the net for my problem, but so far no luck.

Here's the deal:

*Mbox 2
*Fujitsu Lifebook A3130 w/ Vista Home Premium 32-bit; 2 GB RAM, AMB Turion 64 Dual-Core 2.00 GHz
160GB internal hard drive; 750GB external.

Should've got a Mac...

I have Pro Tools 7.4, however when I go to open I get the whole "Unable to locate Digidesign hardware" error message, subsequently causing Pro Tools to close.

I don't know what's going on with drivers. I tried to use the driver installer thing on my disc - I don't think it was successful as when I plug the Mbox into the computer, it tries to install and always fails. I tried everything on my desktop computer also, with the same results (however I know it's not a faulty Mbox - it works fine on my mate's Macbook).

I once thought the problem was with Vista. I thought the drivers and such were only compatible with XP, so I decided to all-out to dual boot my laptop with XP. This also failed. I suck at computers. Not to mention I've now seen people on here who've had everything running smoothly on Vista.

Please, someone, anyone, help me. I bought this about a month ago and it's driving me up the wall that it just won't work for me when I seemingly try everything. I need functionality in the coming weeks for my uni portfolio submission, so the quicker the better with a solution. Thanks =)

~Ash
Old 06-05-2008, 10:18 AM
Avid

Default Re: Mbox 2 on Fujitsu laptop = fail

Quote:

*Fujitsu Lifebook A3130 w/ Vista Home Premium 32-bit; 2 GB RAM, AMB Turion 64 Dual-Core 2.00 GHz
Turion processors are a known incompatibility with Pro Tools:

Known Issues

Pro Tools does not support RAID technology. Please do not activate this feature on any Pro Tools recording drives.
USB drives are not recommended or supported for recording
Laptops users may need to disable integrated wireless networking
Computers with motherboards containing SiS (Silicon Integrated Systems) chipsets are not supported
Computers with Intel Pentium III and older Intel processors are not supported
Computers with AMD Turion, AMD Sempron, or Intel Celeron processors are not supported
ATI Radeon™ Xpress 200 Series chipsets are not recommended for use with either AMD or Intel processors

Pro Tools 7.4 Win Vista compatibility Information
Old 06-06-2008, 09:25 AM

Default Re: Mbox 2 on Fujitsu laptop = fail

Frogger,

Your Turion may not be supported, but it may still run. I'd work with it a little more to see if you can get it going. I did a quick search and there are some people using the Turion, even though it is not supported. So, I tend to believe, if one person can get it going, than there is hope for others also. I have an old computer with dual PIII and it runs PTLE fine- even has a Serverworks Chipset! What's a Serverworks chipset? I had never even heard of it until I tried it.

Anyway, I have seen a lot of posts recently with the error "hardare is not found". I am starting to wonder if the install went OK. When you install PTLE, it also MUST install the driver for the Digi interface. Windows will warn that the driver is not signed, then you have to select "continue anyway". If you didn't see these things, then it wasn't installed properly. Uninstall everything and try again.