Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2003, 12:38 AM

Default Is there any way to keep track of discussions?

Hi there:

Wondering if there is any way to keep track of discussions that interest me?

Sometimes I forget that I saw something interesting on one of the other discussion boards here on the DUC - and would like to know if there is a way to keep track of these discussions - kinda like flagging a topic or something of that nature.

What would be real sexy is if I (we) could somehow group interesting discussions into a folder for easy reference....

I am aware of the e-mail notification feature if I should start a thread - but am interested in following other people's threads.

Just wondering.

Thanks,

Sparky
Old 01-15-2003, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Is there any way to keep track of discussions?

You should be able to add the page to your favorites in IE, or whatever browser you're using. crack smokin hooker
RTX 2080ti
64GB DDR5 5200mhz RAM
2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB SSDs
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD
LG 34" Ultra-Widescreen monitor
Pro Tools 12.4
A loaf of bread
A stick of butter
A lot of rye whiskey
Old 01-15-2003, 01:37 AM

You can also click once on the adress bar in your browser, click and drag the adress onto the desktop on your mac, and it will appear as a "document" wich will take you directly to that thread if you dbl-clikk on it.

You will have to give it a descriptive name yourself, though.

There is also "view recent topics" on the personal info page of people on the DUC. This shows all the topics you have contributed to lately. For some reason you wont find it on "my profile", you have to click on the little "personal info" icon at the top of one of your posts.
Old 01-15-2003, 02:44 AM

Thanks!

I use a PC mostly for web surfing & my bookwork - and try & keep the Mac for the PT set-up (although I have been known to quickly access the DUC when I run into a problem in my studio).

I like the dragging option for the PC - I think I'll just set up a folder for threads I want to follow.

Never saw the "view recent topics" - I gotta start paying more attention to things... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks again,

Sparky
Old 01-15-2003, 07:35 AM

I just email it to myself and keep it in my music file, it shows the topic too.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:15 AM
Administrator

You usually can get to your recent post history from your profile:
1 - click on MY PROFILE
2 - at the bottom left of the page, look for "Profile last updated by...user name..."
3 - click on your user name, which will open your profile window the same way it would if you click on the profile icon next to one of your posts
4 - click on "View Recent Posts" link on the upper right

As mentioned above, there are a number of ways to save topic links. If you open the DUC in its own window, outside of the frameset, by going to:
http://duc.digidesign.com
then the urls and topic Subject titles will be listed in the bookmark. You can then drag these to your desktop, a folder, or your favorites. The bookmark will have the Subject in the name.
Alternately, within the frameset, you can do either of the following:
Control-click inside the frame with the topic and choose "open frame in new window", then save the bookmark. (if you have a 2-button mouse, you should be able to right-click instead of using Control-click, if you have your mouse setup that way)

Or you can hold your mouse button down on a link to a topic from the topics list in a forum, and choose "open link in new window".

If you open your "View Recent Posts" page in a new window, you can save that bookmark to return easily to topics that you have posted to.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:42 AM

A way better solution would be if the email option worked for replies. When making a new topic, you can be notified by email when replies are made to your topic. Sadly, you can't attached this email option if you are making replies. (see the OPTIONS at the bottom of the post/reply pages) That would be sweet. I find it time consuming to revisit this site just to see if there is new information to a particular thread.

At least the threads that are replied to get bumped up towards the top of the heap. Some forums I attend don't do this, and you have to scroll down, sometimes a few pages, to find the thread you're interested in.

In ain't perfect, but the DUC rocks. In spite of the cantakerous posts that appear from time to time, this forum is worth the surf.

dave patterson / knobville
Old 01-15-2003, 08:44 AM

One more thing....I sometimes forget that the email notification option exists because its way down on the page. If this web master could redesign the OPTIONS to be higher up the page, people would be more likely to use them. I'd bet some people haven't even seen these options.

dave patterson / knobville