Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2011, 06:33 AM

Default Controllers discussions

I have a creative approach that uses control surfaces a lot, more than plugin control than mixer automation, usually. I have been using this profitably with Nuendo, Digital Performer and Logic. I also spent a fortune trying to have the same ease and flexibility on Pro Tools 9. I bought an Euphonix mc MIX, and a nocturn novation, BUT:......

still i miss the great (really...NORMAL..for my mind) MIDI LEARN function present on the RTAS Plugin windows that is available on control 8 and M-Audio Keyboard.
The plugin mapping of EUPHONIX is cool, but quite useless for a creative compositional approach, as i cannot map different parameter of independent plugins at the same moment, and also the automapping for me is quite random.
To be clear i think that the best way is of course to map any control in the order you want of different plugins, as we always did on Behringer BCF2000 or uc-33 on many sequencers.
Am doing something wrong or the very expensive artist series still have not a user customisable MIDI Learn function for plugins?
That's really a great limit for me...any idea?
Any suggestion on the philosophical approach why AVID tries to adapt (ruin) creative workflow of individuals instead of making software that can ADAPT to individiual (rich...creative...different....) workflow?

thanks
A.