Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2002, 09:28 PM

Default Sample rate conversion using import Audio

I'm having problems sample rate converting using import audio function. When I open the import audio window it shows convert greyed out and when I select the file I want to import and SRC the convert window changes to copy, but it also notes that the audio will play at wrong speed because of SR mismatch. What am I doing wrong? the only way I have been able to get around this is by opening a 44.1k session and using export files as.
Old 03-25-2002, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Sample rate conversion using import Audio

this is a great question. Unfortunately I have run into the same problem and I didn't really have time to investigate this...let's see what the administrator says.

Derek Sample [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2002, 09:47 AM
Avid

-The only time I get "Copy" as an option is when the sample rate of the file to be imported is the same as the session into which I am importing.

-I was able to import a 44.1kHz, 24-bit SDII file into a 48kHz, 24-bit SDII Session in PT 5.3 without issue.

-What version of Pro Tools are you using?
-What are your source and session sample rates/bit depths?

Brent
Old 03-26-2002, 10:20 AM

One question; Are you using a USD?

If so, make sure when you start your session that the Peripherals Setup has not reset itself to "Generic MTC Reader". If the USD is not selected in the Setup dialog, but is hooked up to Protools, adjusting the session sample rate in the Session Setup Window won't do anything. This could result in your thinking that you are working in one sample rate, but the system is clocked to something else.

If not, then trash the big three Prefs, restart, rebuild the desktop, blah, blah, blah...

Hope this helps. Ciao, NB
Old 03-26-2002, 10:44 AM

I'v had the same problem of PT pulling sample rete from SIMPTE sync devices. My fix is to go into OMS and change the sample rate there as well as in the session setup window. Good luck!
Esteban.
Old 03-26-2002, 01:00 PM

My session is 48Khz 24bit and I'm trying to import SDII 44.1Khz 24bit files. As I previously stated when I open import audio it shows convert greyed out but when I highlight the 44.1khz file it turns to copy although it recognizes it is a 44.1k file and that it's not the right sample rate for the session. I Have not yet trashed prefs, but will try. I'm not using a USD OR SSD I have Apogee AD8000 SE's as my master clock. I'm using Protools 5.1.1
Old 03-27-2002, 01:22 PM

gtole--
You mentioned an apogee AD8000 converter. When you record what is Pro Tools sync mode set to? If it is not set to internal it will use the external device to gather the correct sampling rate. If your sampling rate--dictated by the external device--is set to 48k, but your Pro Tools session's sample rate is set to 44.1, the audio file will be at 48k however it will get "tagged" as a 44.1kHz file. Could this be the source of any confusion???
Old 03-27-2002, 02:31 PM

Both the Apogee Ad8000 and the protools session are set to 48Khz. I've been through that nightmare many years ago.
Old 03-16-2003, 06:06 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DigiTechSupt:

-I was able to import a 44.1kHz, 24-bit SDII file into a 48kHz, 24-bit SDII Session in PT 5.3 without issue.

Yes lovely but let's say for instance that through no fault of your own your hour long carefully editted 44.1k session with sixteen stereo audio tracks contains audio which should have been recorded at 48k into PT, so it plays back slow, right? Now no-one wants to set up this session and edit from scratch again, right? So how do you import this into a blank new 48k session without converting the audio -- so that it will play back at the right speed -- without losing your timestamping or region information?
Can you see what I'm trying achieve?

yay, thanx
Old 03-17-2003, 08:14 AM

Org. posted:

"-I was able to import a 44.1kHz, 24-bit SDII file into a 48kHz, 24-bit SDII Session in PT 5.3 without issue."

YEAH! But did it play back at the right speed??

Peter