Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2013, 10:27 AM

Default MBOX 2 Sample Rate issue in Windows 7

I am using a digidesign mbox 2, unable to find support for this product and it appears the company has been taken over by avid. I installed the latest driver for the mbox from avid website, however when attempting to change the sample rate in sound recording / advanced properities in windows 7, I only have options for 16 bit and 24but 2 channel 44100hz. The sofrware I am trying to use this product with as a standalone hardware input requires that the sample rate be in 48k. When I plug The mbox 2 into my macbook pro 48k is on the list, but in windows it is only 44k.

I have been googling for the past 24 hours to try and find a solution but unable to find anyone aware of this situation. I have been uninstalling legacy drivers all morning attempting to get it to work, but it seems to be a driver issue and with lack of avid / digidesign support I have come to the forum in hopes for a solution.

I need to get drivers that allow the mbox 2 to enable a sample rate in windows audio settings of 2 channel, 16bit 48000 hz,

currently it is not on the list.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:20 PM

Default Re: MBOX 2 Sample Rate issue in Windows 7

What software are you trying to use it with and why aren't you using the ASIO driver? If you want your Mbox to work well with the software, you should not be setting it up as the Windows device.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 12-23-2013, 10:45 PM

FYI, Avid bought Digidesign in the mid 90's. They just didn't change the name until a few years ago, so that wouldn't do anything to negatively affect support for these products.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
What software are you trying to use it with and why aren't you using the ASIO driver? If you want your Mbox to work well with the software, you should not be setting it up as the Windows device.

I am using it with "Rocksmith 2014" a software that doesn't nativley support usb devices but can be made to work with single input devices that run at 2channel 16bit 48000hz.

I am currently using the mbox 2 windows drivers downloaded here,
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...Mbox-2-Drivers

When my mbox is plugged in I right click, recording devices select the mbox 2 analog 1/2 and click properites, then advanced, and attempt to change the defualt channel to the correct sample rate but it only displays two channels of 44,100 hz.

To get it to work with rocksmith like this I downloaded virtual audio cable and have the mbox analog 1 one listen to the device on the virtual audio cable and I then change the sample rate of the virtual audio cable to 48,000hz.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:

I am using it with "Rocksmith 2014" a software that doesn't nativley support usb devices but can be made to work with single input devices that run at 2channel 16bit 48000hz.

I am currently using the mbox 2 windows drivers downloaded here,
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...Mbox-2-Drivers

When my mbox is plugged in I right click, recording devices select the mbox 2 analog 1/2 and click properites, then advanced, and attempt to change the defualt channel to the correct sample rate but it only displays two channels of 44,100 hz.

To get it to work with rocksmith like this I downloaded virtual audio cable and have the mbox analog 1 one listen to the device on the virtual audio cable,. I then disable all other inputs and I then change the sample rate of the virtual audio cable to 48,000hz.

I hear static when using it like this, so I am attempting to get the mbox 2 to run at the sample rate I need so that the software will detect it as an input.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Can you please explain the correct asio driver to use?
I have to change the sample rate in "recording devices" in windows before I launch the software or it is not detected, because of software limitations.
The software only works with single input devices that run at 16bit 48000hz.

so i have to change the sample rate but it does not show up on the list with the current driver I am using from avid.
Old 12-25-2013, 06:01 PM

I solved all of my issues by uninstalling the avid drivers and downloading the Ploytec USB ASIO (USB 2 AUDIO) DRIVER 2.8.40 (64-bit)

Then I used the no cable rocksmith download and everything worked perfect

I was able to use my mbox 2 with rocksmith 2014
Old 12-25-2013, 06:24 PM

Default MBOX 2 Sample Rate issue in Windows 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash006 View Post
I solved all of my issues by uninstalling the avid drivers and downloading the Ploytec USB ASIO (USB 2 AUDIO) DRIVER 2.8.40 (64-bit)

Then I used the no cable rocksmith download and everything worked perfect

I was able to use my mbox 2 with rocksmith 2014

Cool. I don't know why it solved your problem but it did, and that's all that matters. :)

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 07-10-2014, 02:48 AM

@ dash 006 - SOLUTION FOR THIS PROBLEM

MY SYSTEM: W7-64 BIT + mbox 2

with your device connected, do the followings:

1.unistall all the standalone drivers
2.uninstall protools (any version you have) with all it's components(pace, drivers, etc)
3.delete the protools directory from program files
4.uninstall again the device from device manager by checking "delete the driver software for this device".
5.shut down computer and after shut down, unplug the device (mbox2 for example)
6.start computer and run CCCLEANER for registry cleaning
7.important: DO NOT CONNECT MBOX TO COMPUTER
8.install any version of pro tools even if you don't have an ilok. if it is asking you to connect the device DO IT. if not don't
9.after the install is finished (with restart computer and everything), install the last version of standalone drivers for your device
10.uninstall protools-in this process it will ask you to choose an option. choose "uninstal protools only". don't check any other options.
11.restart computer
12.connect mbox if protools didn't asked for it earlier
13.check the windows sound from control panel to see the sample rate available

ENJOY YOUR DIGIDESIGN DEVICE !