Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2006, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Me again

Quote:
You can moan and complain about it being the software's fault all you want, but if you are not going to run the software on the required hardware, the fault is yours.
Touché
Old 07-30-2006, 01:26 PM

ok well here is what member "Dawg" posted a while ago on another forum that i posted on:

"Hi Meltdown
I have the same computer with the same problems. An external FW drive which I also have will not solve problem. Will be interested if this works for you.
Dawg "

EVEN if the hardrive i have is NOT supported does that explain why i was able to record more then needed with a large amount of plug-ins? IF the problem was hardware, more inportantly the hardrive, WOULD I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO RECORD a bunch of tracks with dverbs? then the next day not be able to run a click track all by itsself with no edits or plug-ins?

that doesnt really make sense to me. Just becuase its not supported doesnt mean it wont work, I had a intel celeron processor, with a 5400rpm hardriv running pro-tools just fine. Neither of them are supported.

you guys dont have to get all pissed off, if you cant help me, dont complain at me. just dont post.

lets just pretend the problem is NOT hardware, and its software. Lets try and figure it out, and try all we can to fix it through software, and if that doesnt work i can go out and buy a firewire drive as a last option. I do not have very much money to go out and spend on hobbies (much mroe then ive already spent on this) so i cant afford trying to just fix everything with money. Im not trying to get pro-tools to run 100% to its ability, i do not need to get it to play 32 tracks of 96khz 24 bit, it doesnt need to run 400 dverbs at once.

i just need it to run.

-melty
Old 07-30-2006, 01:26 PM

ok well here is what member "Dawg" posted a while ago on another forum that i posted on:

"Hi Meltdown
I have the same computer with the same problems. An external FW drive which I also have will not solve problem. Will be interested if this works for you.
Dawg "

EVEN if the hardrive i have is NOT supported does that explain why i was able to record more then needed with a large amount of plug-ins? IF the problem was hardware, more inportantly the hardrive, WOULD I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO RECORD a bunch of tracks with dverbs? then the next day not be able to run a click track all by itsself with no edits or plug-ins?

that doesnt really make sense to me. Just becuase its not supported doesnt mean it wont work, I had a intel celeron processor, with a 5400rpm hardriv running pro-tools just fine. Neither of them are supported.

you guys dont have to get all pissed off, if you cant help me, dont complain at me. just dont post.

lets just pretend the problem is NOT hardware, and its software. Lets try and figure it out, and try all we can to fix it through software, and if that doesnt work i can go out and buy a firewire drive as a last option. I do not have very much money to go out and spend on hobbies (much mroe then ive already spent on this) so i cant afford trying to just fix everything with money. Im not trying to get pro-tools to run 100% to its ability, i do not need to get it to play 32 tracks of 96khz 24 bit, it doesnt need to run 400 dverbs at once.

i just need it to run.

-melty
Old 07-30-2006, 01:44 PM

the only external hardrive on the digi site cost like $500 plus, which i do not have. i only have liek 200 MAX to spend. so yeah
Old 07-30-2006, 01:46 PM

Melty, I guess why the guys here are getting frustrated is because without using the specified hardware it is very hard to figure out whether it is hardware or software causing the problem. From my personal experience with PTLE every problem I have had with customers computers not being able to run the program has been hardware issues. Sure Protools has bugs like anyother software, but the reason behind the compatabilty documents is just that, what hardware and software configurations it takes to make PTLE run smoothly. Maybe if you had a friend with a firewire drive you could "borrow" you could test this out. As for dawg's post he said he had the same computer with the same problems, so maybe it's not PTLE, maybe it's the computer itself.
I sincerely hope you find the answer to your problems. You could always call Digi Tech support too.
Cheers
Steve
Old 07-30-2006, 01:54 PM

BTW--- My firewire drive worked great with my old computer and version 6.9. Have you tried setting all 5 usb root hubs to always on(third tab)?
Old 07-30-2006, 02:11 PM

Also I found this on the compatability docs:

Known Issues

Pro Tools does not support RAID technology. Please do not activate this feature on any Pro Tools recording drives.

Laptops users may need to disable integrated wireless networking

Computers with motherboards containing SiS (Silicon Integrated Systems) chipsets are not supported

Did you disabl your wireless networking? Did it help?
Old 07-30-2006, 02:11 PM

im going to go buy a external drive? any you guys know of that work under 200? my laptop drive is sata? does that make a difference in what my external drive will be?

-melty
Old 07-30-2006, 02:23 PM

Hopefully this will help you out. Fire Wire Drives And maybe some of the guys here can recommend one to ya I myself don't know what to recommend to you beacause I am using SATA drives for my audio.
Cheers
Steve
Old 07-30-2006, 02:35 PM

why coudlnt i use a sata drive aswell? whats the differences? i have a SATA drive on my laptop so...

-melty