Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2019, 05:50 PM

Default Keyboard recommendations

Hello

I am writing because I am looking for recommendations for a keyboard that I would use for Pro Tools and Finale. The current keyboard I have is an original Axiom 61 keyboard, but it has caused me nothing but trouble. While it works perfectly in Finale because it only uses the USB input, it has caused serious issues in Pro Tools because I'm using MIDI cables along with the USB input. It can't detect the keyboard most of the time, and no matter how much I try to fiddle around with the settings I can't seem to get any sound. I've used just the keyboard's USB input before in Pro Tools but there's a delay when that happens. It also doesn't help that I had to download drivers that were meant to run on Windows 7 since the original Axiom 61 is no longer in production.

So, what are some good recommendations for a keyboard in the future from all of you? I do have a budget and the highest I will go is $300. I currently use an Acer Aspire E15 that runs Windows 10 with an Intel Core i3-7100U. I really appreciate your time and I look forward to hearing from all of you.