Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2012, 04:30 AM

Default Fast Track Pro on Windows 8

Well, someone has to try it!

Inspiron 1501 laptop, 7200rpm h/drive, Amd dual core running Windows 8 pro.

Ive just installed the 6.0.7 drivers, no compatibility options used. No errors came up and it seems to have recognized everything. Control panel shows.

The only issue seems to be a bit of crack & pop at low end of the spectrum sound. I'm going to dig my heels in and see if it's just some optimization issues.

Update: Yes power optimization. I followed the avid guide. All i did was use the 'adjust power options' & its working setting it at High Performance. If i discover anything else i'll post here.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:28 PM

Default Re: Fast Track Pro on Windows 8

Hi Muzikill,

Great to hear that you got it all working. Same situation here - Fast-track pro - trying to get it working on Win8. Interestingly, I see the Apple drivers were updated about 3 minutes ago, but the Windows ones about 2 years ago! Lesson learned: do your research before buying stuff! (M-audio obviously a mac treasure! + poor relation for windows!)

Anywho's - it's REALLY frustrating to see someone got it working! Same probs here, but "...Yes power optimization. I followed the avid guide." - Give us a clue? A link might have helped!? Would really appreciate the steer.

Thanks

Steve
Old 01-25-2013, 12:37 PM

Windows has not changed much in two years. The drivers should work for you (although windows 8 is so new its not qualified software). try running in compatibility mode http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...windows-8.html

also I didn't mention it in that other thread cause he got his problem solved but I had 3 FastTrack Pros Hardware go bad. Symptoms were random pops in recorded audio. Worked fine for mixing but nasty little pops sometimes so many you could not hear the underlying audio. So if it works on a qualified system you may want to check with m-audio hardware support (not currently owned by avid).
Old 02-28-2013, 12:57 PM

I used the windows 7 optimisation help guide for windows 8.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...oting/en349411

Now this 'hardware go bad thing you mention has got me thinking' if its is this then who fixes it and what is the fault?
Old 07-21-2013, 01:25 PM

Default Fast track pro windows 8 drivers released

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ck-Pro-Drivers

:)