Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2004, 11:24 AM

Default Custom scripts for Pro Tools preferences in OS X

I need some custom scripts for my MACs here.

I need to blow out some preferences in Pro Tools from time to time as I've been running into some issues
with the TDM systems here.

What I would like is something I can click on on the desktop to throw out the 4 files/ folders that are associated with this procedure or be an automated task when Protools is not running and ask if I want to do this every 2 weeks or so and then do it, actually the the 2nd option would be preferable.

Pro-Tools rebuilds these files on start-up of the program but if it happens automatically when running it would be a very bad thing. It would be easier instead of having to remember and do it manually as I have been. Since the machines are almost always on and don't need re-booting very often I don't want to do it on startup. Just a some house cleaning every few weeks to keep these running well.

Any of you out there ever do it this way on a MAC? If you have, have you posted your scripts so I could take a look at them?

Any suggestions or a site that somebody might know of to help me find this or help me write what I need would be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks all, I look forward to some geeky posts.

: )