Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2006, 05:12 AM

Default 25 free VST plugs available here!

I did some trawling around yesterday eve looking for theramin emulators and downloaded a few other VST plugs that looked interesting, or are newer versions of ones I already have. So I thought I'd zipper them together and share.

It's a 46Mb download. I have 20Gig/month of bandwidth to play with at the moment, so I guess I could cope with over 400 downloads - please someone tell me if I got that wrong! I'd appreciate any feedback on these, particularly the theramins.

Don't click and drag the files out of winzip or you'll lose the folder structure. Use the 'extract' button up top.

You'll need the FXpansion VST Wrapper available at http://www.dv247.com/invt/21276 to make any of these work.

Ther plugs are (a bit of copy n paste here):
  • ambience
    Bass Chorus
    baxxpander_v12
    carillon bells
    CR tervoxsyn (theramin)
    Makunouchi Bento
    papaya
    pippo
    sideslip
    RoomMachine 844
    RubyTube
    Simple-Media Spook Keys (theramin with midi keyboard capability)
    SIR convolution
    SLowEr
    SSL LMC-1
    tape saturator
    tb_grumblebum
    transformer
    Voxengo - Audio Delay
    Voxengo - MSED
    Voxengo - OldSkoolVerb
    Voxengo - Sample Delay
    Voxengo - Stereo Touch
    Voxengo - Tempo Delay
    Voxengo - Tube Amp

They're a bit random. Most have a pdf file to tell you what they're meant to do. Sorry if I named some of the folders wrong.

If you like any of these, do please leave some feedback here, and then follow the links in the PDFs and check out the manufacturer's other products.

You may post this link to your buddies, but please don't put it up on any other forums - the increased bandwidth will force me to delete it.

Old 01-24-2006, 05:56 AM

Default Re: 25 free VST plugs available here!

Anyone else here feel like doing this?

Make sure to include some info with the files about what they're meant to do.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:06 AM

Karel, while I know that your intentions are good, and free stuff is always a good idea, I think distributing them in a collection like this, even though they are free, might not be legal (I could be wrong about that).
I just wanted to bring it up, because I consider you a friend, and I don't want to see you get smacked legally by any of the companies/developers.

Maybe links would be better?

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 01-24-2006, 08:27 AM

You think?
Command/8
PTLE 7.1 MPT
www.clearspotrecording.com
Old 01-24-2006, 09:09 AM

I agree with spkguitar.

Although it would probably depend on the licencing agreement for the software. Each freeware one is different ranging from "do what ever the hell you like with it" to "i will hunt you down" you get my drift.

Neil.
2 Gig RAM
Old 01-24-2006, 09:35 AM

I thought of that. Thanks for your concern.

Freebie VSTs are meant to promote the company that wrote them by encouraging you to go their website. Each of the ones here are packed in a folder along with a pdf like this one which is taken from the relevant web page with fully functioning links (except for those that were just a download from a third party with no info).

Most people who download freebies don't bother to keep a record of where they got them from, so this approach which makes them keep info about the originating company is, I would say, better.

I didn't originally mean to assemble it thus for download here, it's just how I happen to store information on my hard drive.

Still, if any of the creators of those VST plugs wants me to pull this thread, I'll oblige - though I'll think they're being silly.

Too much random paranoia around, I say. You should more pay attention to what your secret services are up to!
Psst... do you think they're monitoring the DUC?

Old 01-24-2006, 02:51 PM

Thanks for the download, I don't normally have the time to go looking for these types of things. So thankyou.

Colin
Old 01-27-2006, 03:23 PM

My pleasure.

I'm going to bump this for the weekend PT folk.

I like Spooky Keys - I've been looking for a decent theramin and this looks like the job. If I run two instances, one a little out of tune and with a bit of reverb, the effect is pretty cool. Works well paired with enigmatron too.