Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2008, 10:03 PM

Default 7.4.2 bad install

Just did a fresh 7.4.2 install on 10.5.3 with the combo undate. The install seemed to go all the way but at the end it said something like "can't find \ install failed" LE loads but doesn't have any of the standard plugins. Not one plugin. Also I can't import any of my previous sessions.
Any suggestions?
Digi are you out there?

I using a Macbook pro 2.4 with 2GB
Old 06-28-2008, 03:23 AM

Default Re: 7.4.2 bad install

OK, I'm a little foggy on this one but here goes.

A couple of months ago I found myself installing a 003 Rack Factory system and 11 MBox minis at work (a teaching lab and radio training facility at the University of Wollongong). Each of these systems were purchased with Pro Tools 7.3.1, and were all to be upgraded to 7.4 when all compatibility issues were resolved (this has now been done, although it's a never-ending story with the new version for Leopard nudging at my workload!).

Initially, I installed v7.3.1 and I'd say nine out of the eleven installs came up with the same sort of error as you are describing. The only difference is that the error message came up during the install process, and seemed to relate to bad reads of certain files (can't remember what ones, sorry!!). Upon trying to launch Pro Tools, errors would come up stating that there were missing files (corresponding with the file names that did not install correctly).

To solve this, I performed a clean uninstall using the app on the install disk, and just tried again. - And lo and behold, no problems the second time around! I have no technical explanation for this, and Mulder and Scully have not returned my emails!

Hope it works for you. Failing this, I guess you should consult your dealer and/or Digi themselves.

Best
Brent
Old 06-28-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Just did a fresh 7.4.2 install on 10.5.3 with the combo undate. The install seemed to go all the way but at the end it said something like "can't find \ install failed" LE loads but doesn't have any of the standard plugins. Not one plugin. Also I can't import any of my previous sessions.
Any suggestions?
Digi are you out there?

I using a Macbook pro 2.4 with 2GB
I suggest you try this,
1. A clean uninstall and clear prefs/databases+ empty trash.
2. Then reinstall PT but uncheck everything except the PT application.
3. Reboot and check everything except the PT application in 2 above.

Installing in stages has been known to help with problems like this.

http://www.myspace.com/philogg
Old 06-28-2008, 02:26 PM

My problem was the same as yours.
I called Digi last Monday morning, and after a very long wait, talked with a knowledgeable Tech who helped.
This is what I remember:
1. Use the Uninstaller. (I believe we then restarted the computer).
2. When you open the Installer you have choices. Selecting the 1st choice and you'll see that the ProTools choice has a small triangular icon. Click on the icon and you will see a submenu with 3 or 4 (by default) checked boxes. Deselect all of these boxes and be sure the main box is still selected (Its possible that you may leave the first submenu box also checked - I don't clearly remember - I was a bit worn at that point}. The installation proceeded without problem.
3. Restart the computer>Return to the installer>Select the previously deselected items>and go through the Install process for these items also.

I believe that was all we did - ProTools le7.4.2 is WORKING. I believe the tech said others were having the same problem. Too bad that this minor (MAJOR in my mind) glitch wasn't found.

It seemed to me that we aren't the only people who have had the problem, so, if I'm a bit off with this attempt at helping perhaps someone else can make the corrections.
Ray